2010 Caliber "Dirty Deeds" (Rebuild starts pg.13)

Man I got the OM1 hooked up and it hurt my feelings. I'm new to all this stuff and still messing around with everything but if I have this set right and that's my clean output then this build won't last long. We will need bigger subs and more power for sure.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

14 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Man I got the OM1 hooked up and it hurt my feelings. I'm new to all this stuff and still messing around with everything but if I have this set right and that's my clean output then this build won't last long. We will need bigger subs and more power for sure.

What's the issue?

24 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Well every song I play outs the OM1 in red which is indicating clipping/distortion. For me to keep it out of the red/clean it just isn't loud to me.

How did you set your gains? And what's your voltage look like?

Dd1. I got 62/62 on head unit at 40Hz. At 1k I got 61/62. So I set amps at 61. I used track 5 on bass amp which is a compromise. I had the Pac Lc1 all the way to the right when setting gains. So as I was playing it I was impressed. Thing gets loud for me. I love it. Closing up my wife's throat and shit lol. Then I hooked up the OM1 and set it with the DD1. To keep the OM1 out of the red I either have to have the volume down in the low 50s or the LC1 at like 1/2 to 3/4. The head unit I have (80 prs) seems like it's really quiet till about 56 and up. Once you hit 56 it seems like it really starts pouring the coals on then but I can't since I hooked up the OM1 lol. 

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

46 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Any advice is appreciated and I'm also still dicking around with it to try to figure it out. I'm still a noob for sure and am still learning.

Why are using a LC1? Did you use auto EQ or TA? Are all the HU settings at 0 instead of in the negatives? Remember not all music is recorded the same so distortion can be introduced when playing different songs.

Installing is one thing, setting everything up, tuning and crossover points is a very time consuming process. I like everything but country, classical, Techno and maybe a couple others. So i can't tune for rock and expect it to sound good on rap. Its just a give and take compromise. 

LC1 Bass knob.Yeah I'm gonna look into the head unit settings. No I didn't use TA or Auto EQ. As far as door speakers are concerned I really don't care to much how they sound as far as in SQ. I just want want to hear the music over the bass which I can. I mean I want it clear and not sounding like shit but as far as warm and midbass and all that I don't really care. I'm gonna do some more digging and I'll let you know what I find buddy. Thank you.

I'm running active by the way.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

20 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

LC1 Bass knob.Yeah I'm gonna look into the head unit settings. No I didn't use TA or Auto EQ. As far as door speakers are concerned I really don't care to much how they sound as far as in SQ. I just want want to hear the music over the bass which I can. I mean I want it clear and not sounding like shit but as far as warm and midbass and all that I don't really care. I'm gonna do some more digging and I'll let you know what I find buddy. Thank you.

I'm running active by the way.

I know how challenging it can be to get it they way you like. I don't have a OM-1, i can hear when i am pushing my system to hard. Great tool i am sure but i think i would get nervous too seeing something going into the red. Watching the voltage meter is enough for me and after awhile you get a feeling for what your system can do.

Yeah while I'm driving (which is 90% of the time music is playing) it's rare that I see 13.7 on the VM1 at the back battery. I'm usually 14.3 to 14.6 full tilt.

As I was driving to work just now I saw that I set the gains with the eq on natural instead of flat. I'll have to redo everything when I'm off again and see where that leaves me.

Thank you for helping by the way.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived