2010 Caliber "Dirty Deeds" (Rebuild starts pg.13)

23 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

It does man. A lot of this is firsts for me so it takes me awhile but I got after it today and am super happy with the results. I can't wait to hear this thing playing.

Slow and steady to do it right beats tearing it back apart to fix something. It always takes a long time when installing or upgrading just so i don't miss something and waste time redoing it. I am glad you want to do it right instead of most who are in to big of a hurry to get it up and running. I will be working on my system next week. Ordering some SMD goodies tomorrow for the rebuild. Trying to do it without being tune less. lol

He'll yeah. I'm hoping to get it playing this weekend but yeah I don't want to redo stuff. I want it to work when I put it together. I hope you are able to do it while keeping tunes, that would be sweet.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

50 minutes ago, bmwking said:

love how everything in this is coming together, supes clean.  just out of curiosity, how close are your port openings to the rear door?

I have only eyeballed it but it's got some space. I'll get some measurements sometime today.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Looks like once the rear Hatch is closed air & sound waves can only escape by the sides of the box. I hope it doesn't affect performance too much but as tight as it is back there i think it will. Bummer.

Well after I got frustrated and are crawfish I called it quits for the day haha. I was hoping to get I playing by tomorrow but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Oh well. I have to work Mon - Thurs days and then I'm off for 7 days. So next weekend for sure it should be playing.

I didn't get As far as I wanted today so I couldn't grab that measurement. I may have been delirious when I eyeballed it but I believe I had about 4-5 inches in between port and hatch. Up top it's pretty close but the bottom is a lot further from the box. Air will be able to to get out the front and sides.I'll find the sweet spot. In those pics I had the box as far to the back as it would go. I could go towards the front of the car another couple inches probably.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

1 minute ago, Wishuponasub said:

Well after I got frustrated and are crawfish I called it quits for the day haha. I was hoping to get I playing by tomorrow but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Oh well. I have to work Mon - Thurs days and then I'm off for 7 days. So next weekend for sure it should be playing.

I didn't get As far as I wanted today so I couldn't grab that measurement. I may have been delirious when I eyeballed it but I believe I had about 4-5 inches in between port and hatch. Up top it's pretty close but the bottom is a lot further from the box. Air will be able to to get out the front and sides.I'll find the sweet spot. In those pics I had the box as far to the back as it would go. I could go towards the front of the car another couple inches probably.

I would try to get it far forward as you can. It the top that look too close and will hurt performance IMO. Tuned in to see finished results. keep up the good work man.

So after test fitting everything and looking to see where I could fit amps it turns out the only place I could put them was on the box. Not my 11st choice but it was that or some crazy roof mount shit lol. But I was prepared for this. I scooped some rubber beaker stoppers from from work. Here is a pic.

0331180758.jpg

Then I mounted the 3800

0331180805.jpg

Slid the box in and of course no room for the mids and highs amps. So they had to get out on the front of the box. I absolutely did not want to do this but sometimes you just have to deal with it.

0331181021.jpg

Once again minted on the pieces of rubber to help with vibration.

I got it all in and playing but I haven't got picture of it yet. I'm not on the level a lot of you guys are but the damn thing beats that's for sure. I love it. All the amps were set with a DD1. I still need to hook up the OM1. I will probably get that done this weekend along with some pics for you guys. I may do a small video also.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Of course. Get the call that my daughter is going to have an emergency C section today. Leave work and rear end somebody. Not terrible but not good either. Box rolled over and hit the front seats, 3800 is hanging off of it. I didn't really survey All the damage but I will later. 

Good news is I'm about to be a grandpaw lol.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived