2010 Caliber "Dirty Deeds" (Rebuild starts pg.13)

This car surprises me more and more the more I tear it apart lol. Now , just for the record, I have never tore a car apart this far before so they may all be like this but it seems like a lot of the cavities I see you guys foaming are already done on this car. And all the seams are pretty much 100% silicone welded.

A pillars

0228181550.jpg

In the back by the bumper

0303181528.jpg

It's everywhere lol.  The roof supports were also already foamed.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

So today I tore out the back half of the car and did a little deadening.

0303181040.jpg

After

0303181243.jpg

I know it's not 100% coverage but I'm satisfied with the results so far. I pl3x the few little seams where it wasn't already silicone and now I'm fixing to finish the big 3 and see about trying to get the secondary installed in the back.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Pretty sure they foamed the calibers like that from the factory, mine is the same way.

Must have been cheaper for them to do that than to use something else to quiet down tin can, not that it helped, because i know mine is still noisy as hell inside.

That will all be changing soon though, she's down for the year and I'll be starting to gut it here pretty soon hopefully.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Pretty sure they foamed the calibers like that from the factory, mine is the same way.

Must have been cheaper for them to do that than to use something else to quiet down tin can, not that it helped, because i know mine is still noisy as hell inside.

That will all be changing soon though, she's down for the year and I'll be starting to gut it here pretty soon hopefully.

It will be nice to see you get started. I'm having a little trouble finding where the wiring harness goes through the firewall. I guess tomorrow I will start pulling stuff apart and trying to find it.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Been a long time coming for sure, i just haven't had a place to really work on anything for the last couple years, but hopefully thats changing within the next few weeks.

Yeah, the wiring is all sorts of fucky on these things, it just vanishes and reappears inside the car.

Im probably just going to do my power runs underneath the car and come in through the floor in the cargo area somewhere.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

15 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Yeah I'm seriously considering it.

The firewall setup is just really weird in these things, its almost like its a double firewall with an air gap in between the two at some points.

Its usually the best bet anyways when you're running 1/0 or bigger.

Ended up running it under the car. My entry point is probably not the way a lot of you would have done it but it was easy enough for me so.....

0304181052.jpg

I silicone the edges and let it dry. Then I taped over them for good measure.

0304181151.jpg

Got 2 runs from front to back for positive.

0304181325.jpg

Here what she looks like up front.

0304181325a.jpg

Then I went back and siliconed the shot out of my hole.

0304181329.jpg

It looked like it was gonna rain so I cleaned everything up for the day and started a little mowing to stay in the wife's good graces.

My original plan was green for positive and black for negative but I was gonna come up short of I did 2 runs in green. So once again I had to improvise. I go back to work in the morning so this is how she will sit until I get some more time off.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

So I talked with the box builder and we came up with some max dimensions. I didn't outright ask him for the design but I think he's a little secretive about it. That was just my impression. Anyways I did ask for pics along the way for you guys. So I will be posting those as they come. I'll take measurements once it's in my possesion and we can chat about it then.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived