2010 Caliber "Dirty Deeds" (Rebuild starts pg.13)

Alright so I told y'all about the issue with the bass amp and the MD amp. The MD just showed up so now I will reveal the company. I ordered all my amps from SHCA. There was this little mix up but that is ok in my mind, shit happens. This amp shipped from somewhere else so I guess they were out and had to buy one from somebody. That is top notch in my opinion. It didn't cost me a penny extra just a little time which I had plenty of. So here is the mids amp....

a3nQlS3.jpg

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing too crazy but got another set of 8s for the front doors and some flush mount rings for a nice looking install hopefully. I keep saying I need 1 more thing lol. All I really need is a voltmeter for the 16v side now but I think I'm just gonna get it in the bass knob. I'm in the talks with slam panda now to work out a deal on a bass knob.

PPhXjzP.jpg

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Soon I will get started working on the car. Hopefully next week I will start with the alternator bracket. I'm working on another project right now lol. I was having trouble with the boards on my boat trailer staying in place so I tore it apart and the swivel brackets were all rusted out. I ordered all new parts and am gonna rebuild that trailer 1st. So on the days I wake up and say fuck that car, I can load the boat up and go fishing. 

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Alright so after talking with slam panda for a few days I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. Acrylic bass knob, customer laser etched with LEDs and a vm for $120. I feel that price is actually pretty fair. Anyways I may or may not have borrowed without permission the image to be engraved on the knob but I think you guys will enjoy it. I did and that's what matters lol but I think you will too.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Welp. I know this doesn't have to do with the car but I'm gonna knock out this boat trailer rebuild today and probably fish sat and sun to be honest. But I'm gonna be starting on the car Sunday evening or Monday morning. So we are getting close fellas.

LvIsvTb.jpg

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright so it begins.....

Here is my task of the day. Pull that compressor out and see if we can fit this beautiful billet 390 there. Right below that 270. You can barely see it up top.

P.s. it was a pain just to take this pic lol.

Ry4qqBo.jpg

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Alright we got the compressor out and ran into our 1st issue. The alt is not gonna fit there without cutting out some of the crossmember. Seeing as how I don't have a welding machine that's not really an option for me at this point. So I do have some unconventional ideas that I'm working the kinks out on. Gonna weigh out each option and see what I can come up with. Either way I can tell you it will be interesting lol. 

For some reason my back got all jacked up yesterday. I could hardly stand up straight. Then we had my mother in laws birthday yesterday and we are throwing our grandbaby 1st birthday party today so till next weekend.......

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived