2010 Caliber "Dirty Deeds" (Rebuild starts pg.13)

I've been busy busy busy guys. Haven't had time to even look at the car again but I came across a good deal and had to scoop it up. I bought these to use as a battery delete up front but they are a WHOLE lot bigger than I thought they were. So enough yapping......

A8H6mYE.jpg

I have spoke with CES about some of my plans for my alternator and I think I have it figured out how I'm gonna mount it. 

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after I woke up and checked on my package^^^^^^ turns out my living room big screen took a dump. Called Best buy cuz we got the warranty lol. Now that I lost my beloved COD I went out and started working on the car before work. In my excitement before I had made an oversight in the alternator mounting location. I could still mount it there but I would need to eliminate all future left turns lmao. So I dug a little deeper and removed one of the brackets that was there just for the ac compressor. The alt will now fit in place normally I just have to figure out a way to mount it. Things should steamroll along after this alt.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Alright so I have given up on the alt bracket. I reached out to Team Bass Outlaws and they pointed me in the right direction. I just booked a car hauler for Wed-Thurs and I'll be dropping the caliber off with a guy near Houston to get a custom bracket made. After that it's time to get this project rolling.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Just got this photo. He's got to throw another pulley in between the crank and 390 but I'm going to pick it up Sunday. Build will officially start next weekend.

ATgKvkx.jpg

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

• 1 month later...

I haven't forgot about this thread guys. The build is coming. It's getting all new brakes, oil leak repaired and the motor mounts checked on it now. Once its mechanically sound we will get started. I have the place picked out in Houston to go get legit Baltic from and once I get it shelled out I'm gonna go visit with @WalledSonic to see if there is any chance of fitting a 6th order. I highly doubt it but we will see. Things will come together quickly once I make the car safe to handle this equipment.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

• 1 month later...

Well........This is no longer happening. The build is but not in this car. The more I fix on this thing the more that goes wrong and in all honesty I'm worried about the car being able to handle this big of a build. So I'm buying a camper for my 2010 ram 1500 Trx and we are gonna shoot for a 6th order blow through. So be on the lookout for the start of a new buildlog.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived