** Starter Power Wire **

I need to ether run a new an longer power wire from my starter to the battery or extended the wire to the battery. I'm sure the best way is to run a new wire but looking to see the feed back on extending it. It looks to be 8g wire(factory wire), should I keep that gauge or upgrade to 4g. Also would cca wire be sufficient or definitely ofc wire. If it is alright to extend what's the best way to extend it. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, 8ten8 said:

Upgrade. The longer the run = more resistance, so if the run is under 4ft, 4awg will be fine. Don't forget to upgrade the ground from the starter too. Silver tinned ofc is a better option imo. 

Alright. Sounds like I'll be going that route. An yes ground also. I havent looked at the ground yet but is that usually a short rub do you know?

2 minutes ago, 08tahoe said:

but as long as you get wire that can carry the load that your amp will draw.  and since your changing out that wire i would recommend reading up on the big 3 upgrade so maybe you can get that done if its in your budget 

It's going to be from my starter to the battery so should be anymore than 6ft I'd guess an I'll have to find out the amperage pull that starter will pull. Yes I'm actually currently doing that along with adding ground to the factory strap an frame an direct power wire from alt to battery

Archived