Pioneer "AutoEQ"

I see all these Pioneer head units have a feature called "AutoEQ" Ive watched a cpl videos, but still not exactly sure how this works. I was under the assumption that it measured the sound frequencies inside the vehicle n adjusted the EQ accordingly to play flat... but i was told that it was for time alignment only. Anybody familar w this feature?

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/AVH-2330NEX

I've done it on my 80prs before. it is part of the auto time alignment process. it does what it's supposed to do, which is dial the peaks down and the valley's up to get everything flat. it lowers your sub output a lot, which is understandable in order to get a fully flat response. it's been a while since I tried it out, but I don't think you can edit the EQ, only turn it on or off. with it off you can choose one of the preset EQs or build your own custom. I would recommend writing down the level of each band or take a picture of each band after running the auto EQ, then turn it off, build the custom 1 EQ setting to match, and then tweak it from there to fine tune it to the sound you want. also, due to it being a part of the time alignment process, you'll have to go back and adjust the output levels of your sub/lows, mids, and highs, because it dials it down a lot

On 2/13/2018 at 1:08 AM, MyNameIsNoob said:

Thx reedal! That seems like a good way to start. Do you think i should let the auto eq function run to set my time alignment, then adjust the eq after or before? 

I did another thread looking for a way to measure frequency levels using a laptop n microphone to supplement this feature bc i wasnt sure how reliable the settings would be.

the T/A and EQ run at the same time I believe. So run it, write down the settings it gave you, then turn it off and set it to what the auto EQ gave you, then tweak to your liking. same thing with the T/A. it didn't sound right to me, even though I had the mic right where my head is, so I took the settings it gave me, and then tweaked it myself to what sounded like both sides were reaching me at the same time

Cool. Appreciate the help. I will be installing the head unit in a few weeks, so at least i gta better idea of what it is exactly. As w anything im sure itll take a lil playin around to get it just right. But thats the fun part right lol

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BONES said:

Can I use the Bluetooth Mic or do I have to get the Auto EQ Mic?

Didn't the HU come with it? What HU? I would use the cable myself.

its a Pioneer 2330NEX, I was looking online an it looks like they make a Auto EQ Mic just for that. I have the Bluetooth mic but It wont let me click on the auto eq on the HU. unless I'm doing something wrong.

3 hours ago, BONES said:

its a Pioneer 2330NEX, I was looking online an it looks like they make a Auto EQ Mic just for that. I have the Bluetooth mic but It wont let me click on the auto eq on the HU. unless I'm doing something wrong.

I don't trust Blue tooth and would not want my system calibrated by it. Buy the proper corded mic and call it done. The right way IMO.

Archived