General electrical help.

Hello all, new to the forum and have a question. I plan on running a Skar RP 3500.1D and Skar LP 80.4AB. As of now, I only have one option for an alternator. 200A from Excessive Amperage. Working with a 1993 Mazda MX-6 V6. I looked around and found that an XS power D6500 up front and a D2700 in back would best suit my budget. Will have 2 runs of 1/0 from front to back, Doubling up front as well with Big 3. Will this setup be sufficient? The 3500 has a fuse rating of 350A if that helps any. I'll be posting in other areas of the forum for other questions and concerns. Thank you for your time.

Clip lights on most amp knobs are unreliable. They can show clipping where there is none and no clipping when it occurs. Dd1 or oscope is only way to tell 4 sure.

Just got an email from US Alternators. They make them for my application up to 410 Amps. But for 1000$. And starting at 700 for 250A. The 200A from EA is 380$. Will be purchasing a DD-1 to tune my amps, so I don't think a clip light will do any good. Basically wondering if 200A would be sufficient... Thanks for the reply

Clipping lights MAY be fine, all you have to do is check it against the DD1.

Clipping indicators are indeed useful after tuning since you will probably listen to a variety of music and encounter new music where you wont know the clipping point of the track.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Do you think you'll ever want to upgrade at all? I'd say get the best alternator you can. Do they list the idle amperage? But for the 3500 watt system I think any upgraded alternator like the 200a would work just fine with the two batteries.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

2 minutes ago, Jeff1417 said:

@zack_e89Not in the current car. I called Ohio Generator and he can build me a 320 Amp alt. Didn't know much about who can build what until I started asking questions on social media lol. Now do I have to start a different thread about a box for my subs? Thanks again.

Yes it helps to post in the right areas.

Archived