Sundown Audio

2 amps 1 sub

GorillaFIngeRs

I currently have an S1500 and am going to be adding a second along with a second battery. I am just looking for some pics and input on how I should do this install or things to be aware of. I will be running one amp to each VC for ~3k total. Given that what size fuses should I go with? 1 under hood, 1 @ second batt, 1 for each amp. I was thinking 300 for main power runs and 250 at amps since that is where they would go into over current protection.  I want to do a small amp rack if anyone has any example pics I would be interested to see them.

Also, how do you guys usually fasten down your boxes? Mine will move around from the sub being so damn heavy and just looking for ideas to lock it down, currently thinking of adding a piece of plywood to the trunk thats cut to fit the trunk carpet and fastening to that with bolts... would make removal a bitch so just want to see some examples. Thanks for any info or input. 

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

I'll be welding brackets to my car within the month to secure my wall/box.

Nutserts/pressnuts is another idea

EDIT: fuse for wire capacity. If you tune your amps right, you shouldnt need to downsize your fuses for the amp rating. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I did consider straps, no real way to fasten them down in my trunk. I've seen some nice trunk installs with hardwood flooring in the trunk. Gonna probably do that so i will need plywood in the trunk anyway. Shouldnt have to take sub in and out very often luckily, only for road trips.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Archived