Sundown Audio

amp in protect

nacho

So this is kind of a weird one.  I recently upgraded my power cable and did the big 3 on my car 1/0 ofc.  Before it was 1/0 guage but not ofc.  Everything seemed fine.  After I believe 3 days of running my system my amp has gone into protect and there is a plastic burning smell.  I unhooked speaker cables and rca and I even put the old power cable back on and it is still in protect.  I have had this amp and subs for over 2 years with no issue.  After doin the big 3 my car voltage stays above 14 volts.  Amp is a hifonics brutus mono 2000w and i have 2 p3 fosgate 12's.   Any help is appreciated.   

Could be coincidence man. You havent *seemingly* done anything wrong, but things just break sometimes. 

If you wanna open the back and post pics of the guts, we can help identify shat what section of the amp blew and that may give an indication if its your fault or not. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I hate to say it, but the picture is 2 dark, there needs to be a flash for the one parts most of us look at to see that could of gone bad.

But if my eyes do not deceive me there looks to be a problem by the one torroid, the wire tie i see some black mass by the transistor

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Archived