Door mute and mute wires

Does anyone actually use those mute wires? Whats the reasoning for wanting to mute ur system when the doors open? I understand muting for phone calls but this headunit doesnt have phone call setups like the kenwoods with the mic and all that. Im thinking i wont even hook those up because i cant think of a reason i would want the sustem to mute. I can just turn the shit down if its too loud. Or just use the ATT button on the remote control. Any reason i should use it?? 

Hooked everything up to make sure the HU turns on with the key and make sure all steering wheel controls work. Everything works. From the PAC module im only using the red acc wire, connecting the red from PAC to the Red on my pioneer and it works, didnt need to find a oem fuse box spot or oem wire to splice into. Even tho the car doesnt have a ACC wire pin on the stock harness, i guess the stock HU turned on with a data/computer wire.

only part doesnt work is the illumination/dimming. I dont know if the pioneer even has the dim capability. It lights up fine tho, just doesnt dim when i dim the interior lights. So i yanked those wires too. Lol harness is all slim.

Archived