Second Skin Audio

Total newbie enclosure build questions

bferland911

Hi everyone. I've just started getting into car audio and wanted to try to make my own enclosure for 2 10" Skar EVL-10's. To get the air space I need i am going to have to fiberglass in to the spare tire well area. Its hard to see from my cardboard, but I'm only dealing with 10 inches maximum depth. Skar recommends 1.8 cubic feet per sub ported, tuned to 34hz with 19 square inches of port area, 22 inches long. I obviously don't have room for that, I have been looking at aero ports, but I am so new to this I am having information overload. I'd REALLY like to keep this under the false floor and not lose much if any cargo area. 

Long story short, will this work at all or am I being unrealistic? 2016 Kia soul for those wondering. 

77npAgo.jpgTdyCJXA.jpg

That's going to be tough.  If you don't have enough space to do a ported box right, you may be better off just making the box sealed. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

On 2/17/2018 at 12:03 PM, bferland911 said:

Do you recommend I just bite the bullet and stay sealed? 

I probably would stay sealed. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 11 months later...

I have seen 2-8" sundowns in that area ported but they also had the subs inverted.  looked sick.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived