AudioControl EQS

slovell

I just installed one of these in place of my Matrix Plus and I can't get it to sound right no matter what I do. I don't have an analyzer so I'm probably behind the eight ball to start with. Can anyone offer any suggestions for what I can read that would give me a clue as to how to set it up? Maybe "EQs for Idiots" or "A Set Up for Stupid" or " Curves for Nerds"? Seriously though, I'm totally lost as to how to even get a decent sounding baseline with it by ear. I'm definitely in over my head at the moment. Help!  ?
Regards, Sam

I would start with getting a RTA app for your phone if you can.

I’m assuming you’re using pink noise to tune, right?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

6 minutes ago, AlpineNut said:

For one I am even shocked people still use things like this, most decks nowadays have EQ settings in them, my Alpine CDE-154BT does.

Just speaking for myself, not everyone has a deck for a source ?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

I had to keep the oem HU due to integration problems in the G37 Coupe. The Metra kit for the G37, from what I've read, is an expensive, buggy, piece of crap and looks terrible. It's a shame because I've got a Pioneer PRS-80 HU in a box in the closet. If I use a laptop, what features and programming would I need? This is what I ended up building, kinda industrial but I like it, still has the Matrix Plus in the photo.

P1120582.JPG

Archived