Sonic Electronix

Chinese Cylcone Dust Collector Knock-Off

I was looking up some wood shop MDF dust vacuums and they ranged from $150 to $800.

I was wondering if there any good cheap handheld vacuums for minor MDF dust from cutting small speaker spacers and what not.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Are you wanting an actual dust collector, or a vacuum cleaner?

You can buy cheap wet/dry vacs that will suck up mdf dust, but its best to put a small perforated hole bag over the actual filter to keep the dust from sucking into the filter this way the dust wil fall off the bag when your turn the vacuum off.

Without the dust catching cloth bag over the filter the filter will suck the dust as needed until its packed full and at that point you need to replace it, or blow it out good enough that it will work again. However MDF dust particles pack these filters full really fast so fast you will be annoyed in no time.

The other option is get a cheap wet/dry vac and get the Dust Deputy Cyclone kit, they only work on certain models but can be fitted for others. this way the dust enters the dust deputy and gets trapped in there before making it over to the wet/dry vac, which leaves little to no dust in the actual wet/dry.

I have a Stainless Steel Rigid wet/dry vac that I never use due to the dust issues and always cloggin  up, so the dust deputy is something Ive been wanting to do for a while. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dustopper-High-Efficiency-Dust-Separator-12-in-dia-with-2-5-in-hose-36-in-long-HD12/302643445

The home depot system seems like a cheaper price and I was wondering how does the Dust Deputy Cyclone compare to its Home Depot competitor?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I just bought the Chinese version for dirt cheap :)

https://www.banggood.com/Cyclone-SN50T3-Third-Generation-of-Turbocharged-Cyclone-Powder-Dust-Collector-Filterwith-flange-base-p-1192287.html

I have easy access to those paint buckets for dirt cheap.

19 minutes ago, 8ten8 said:

Nice. I gotta get one of those. Do you already have a shop vac? Costco has a 3 or 4 gal Porter Cable for like $25 or so

I just bought this one for $100

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-14-Gal-6-0-Peak-HP-Wet-Dry-Vac-WD1450/100081216

Can someone link me to the nuts / bolts / screws or whatever people use to bolt it down into the bucket's lid? I feel like I need to stock up on a lot of t-nuts and screws / bolts but I don't know what box builders normally stock up on. I have a shitload of spax nails and nothing else.

Archived