Sonic Electronix

Chinese Cylcone Dust Collector Knock-Off

Jesus guys. I thought I was on a DIY centered Car Audio forum, not Sim City decides to pay a stupid amount of money for a shoddy cyclone.

MCGi53u.jpg

$15 for everything excluding the dust sucker itself, which was ~$150 from Grizzly.

Beats the absolute shit out of anything you can buy under $500. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A dust deputy or any other similar thing is for a shop vac. A dust collector is on a whole different level. So how you can compare the two is beyond me.
A dust collector is something that is not needed for everyone, nor does everyone have the space for it.

Sometimes a shopvac and its mobility is needed. I have a dust collector and yet I still have a shopvac that was purchased long after owning a collector.

11 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

A dust deputy or any other similar thing is for a shop vac. A dust collector is on a whole different level. So how you can compare the two is beyond me.
A dust collector is something that is not needed for everyone, nor does everyone have the space for it.

Sometimes a shopvac and its mobility is needed. I have a dust collector and yet I still have a shopvac that was purchased long after owning a collector.

I'm not really comparing the two. I was just saying that a cyclone, for any purpose, can easily be made to whatever specs you want it out of some sheet metal, rivets, and tape. I employ a shop-vac like this in a machine shop until the owner is ready to put up money for a dust collector, but even then, I'll keep the vac for taking to the small courtyard we have. 

15 hours ago, s5300 said:

Jesus guys. I thought I was on a DIY centered Car Audio forum, not Sim City decides to pay a stupid amount of money for a shoddy cyclone.

MCGi53u.jpg

$15 for everything excluding the dust sucker itself, which was ~$150 from Grizzly.

Beats the absolute shit out of anything you can buy under $500. 

Why so Big!

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

God damnit. ~.~ I guess before going cheap and buying made in china stuff it would be a good idea to make sure if it's being shipped from China or USA

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping

Ship From: CN

Order Placed Date: 2018-02-19 20:39:40

Shipped Date: 2018-02-20 20:31:22

Expected delivery date: 2018-03-20 20:31:22

Now I gotta wait a month :(

When it said shipped from "CN", I thought it was for Connecticut or something.

Now I'm thinking about just buying the Made is USA one so I can get it sooner and build two of these damn dust buckets.

But damn. The Chinese Knockoffs are so cheap in price! I saw an even cheaper one:

https://www.banggood.com/High-Efficiency-Cyclone-Powder-Dust-Collector-Filter-Top-Quality-For-Vacuums-IA1-p-1028998.html?cur_warehouse=CN

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Got my Chinese "Cyclone SN50T3 Third Generation" in the mail today. I thought it was going to take longer to ship from China. I'll post more pictures later when I assemble it all together.

cyclone-SN50T3-1.jpg

cyclone-SN50T3-2.jpg

cyclone-SN50T3-3.jpg

cyclone-SN50T3-4.jpg

cyclone-SN50T3-5.jpg

cyclone-SN50T3-6.jpg

I went ahead and bought another one (the cheaper version for $17):
https://www.banggood.com/High-Efficiency-Cyclone-Powder-Dust-Collector-Filter-Top-Quality-For-Vacuums-IA1-p-1028998.html

This cheaper one is the first generation knockoff of the "Dust Deputy". We'll see how all of these perform once I put it all together and start cutting some wood =_=

• 2 months later...

Follow up on the Chinese Turbo Dust Collector.

It collected like 100% of the dust. Here's a video:

Video:

Man, that Birch Plywood I bought at HomeDepot is terrible quality. I saw some minor chipping in the layers.

Archived