Second Battery wiring question?

When adding an extra battery and alternator to a Diesel truck that already has 2, what is the best way to go about this? 

My thoughts are putting the 3rd battery in the back closer to the amps since it will have dual inputs on both sub amps. But since it will have a 320 amp alternator is a single 0 guage sufficient to connect the 3 together?

And concerning wiring, is it positive to positive between the 3 batteries and ground to the frame on my 3rd thats inside truck?

I have a 6 way terminal to use on the battery to supply the 2 runs to both sub amps and 1 for the 4 channel amp. I havent taken on a project this big, so what other gear do i need to do it right since its a high power system? I dont want to cut any corners on this one. Thx in advance!

The way I added my 2nd battery was to just put it in line with the main and then have the amps wired off of it, like it was part of the circuit all along.

I just added the ground to the battery and also used that as the ground for the amps as well.  But I also made sure to add another ground as well for more grounding pts.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Thx AlpineNut! So in your opinion, do you think a single 0 guage from the alternator thru the third battery is sufficient? I assume it is but since its 320 amps and im using dual inputs, i hate to assume anything 

Archived