Sonic Electronix

Please help with port for sub box

Hello I’m building a square sub box for two l7 15s with one sum on each side in front of box with 2 mdf sheets on face of box and rest of box side are 1 3/4 mdf so the box measurements are 48 1/2”... wide    181/2” ..tall  23 1/4” depth all these measurements are from outsider the box and I just want the square port between the 2 15” l7 in front so my question is what size width for port cutout and hieght also how far back do inner walls go or do I need double port one for each sub please somebody help me as I’m trying to finish by this weekend to test subs out

May help you to download a software program on a computer to help you. Most are not too difficult to figure out and will allow you to punch in different measurements for each side to give you a final gross airspace and then final net airspace which is after all displacements like subs port and bracing. Also can play with port length after you punch in the port area until you get what tuning you want. There’s a pretty simple one called Torres box tuning calculator. Try that one and see. I’m not sure how much airspace those l7 call for probably around 3.5 to 4 per sub? Find specs from kicker for sure though. And see how much port area they recommend per sub as well. And a single a lot port will work so long as you have the correct amount of port area, that’s quite critical. Good luck. 

Archived