Sundown Audio

Looking for hefty amp for 4 15's?

LOWrider

Biggest alt u can fit would be better. Reserve does you no good if you cant keep it charged. For the price you could get a alt and one or two batts.

It'll come down to trying to find an alt that'll actually fit in there. After doing some more digging (i.e. different keywords into google lmao) I found a company that makes 160amp alts for the 2.6l I have. It's a possibility, but I'm not sure the near $400 is worth the upgrade from 120 to 160. 

For the record, I know this is not the hobby to be in if you're tight on cash, but it's less about being tight on cash, and more about trying to get the most bang for my buck, that's why I'm not positive yet.

You do make a good point though, what good is reserve if you can't keep it charged. My little 120 does well for itself, running off of the couple batteries I do have. What it boils down to is it's still my DD and I'm not gonna be dropping big bucks on it just yet. I put down $800 for the amps today, and now I have wires to buy and the Alt/batteries (if I go batteries, I'm interested in running 2 XS's, but it's tbd)

With those 4 amps plus mids and highs amp if all u can find is a 160 amp alt your gonna need 2. Lol. Id suggest calling or messaging some companies on here or browsing facebook. There are a few good companies on fb that have good pricing. Even with a 300+ amp alt your gonna need at least 3 or 4 batts to stay above 12v for extended periods when your beatn on it.

Yeah. Something to take into consideration is that I rarely beat on it for extended periods of time. It's my daily and I'll  have some fun whenever someone asks, but it's generally some minor bumping. I'm in contact with a couple different shops that do Alts so I don't know right now, but the goal would be to get a 300A alternator if possible. But my money focus is college and gas (even though I just dropped nearly a grand on amps). But current plans are 2 nice batteries, (hopefully) an Alt, new wires (1/0), and then a new mids and highs amp. But those are plans over the next 2-5 months.

Archived