Sonic Electronix

Can't seal my windshield

1 hour ago, LOWrider said:

Love the snarky tone tacked on, it's great. I would rather spend money on the "necessities" such as upgrading amps and subs rather than inconveniences, such as a leaky windshield. Granted, if I were trying to get 3 builds going, no, I would not last long. But I'm not looking to compete or get more than just a really nice daily. I really only get crazy with it when I get to my highschool or college and surprise my peers, specifically so I can stay in the hobby without going broke. -- As I look back at your response, I see you mentioned I said to blow my amps. I wasn't being serious, it was more so me saying it's gonna happen sooner or later, and that I wanted a 5k, that's all.

Hey man, dont take offense.  You sound cocky and a bit naive when you ask a question for help but then act like youre better than the responses.  I've nearly broken my windshield and had to weld the roof closed to prevent the metal from clapping around.  When shit starts breaking you have to fix it otherwise it gets worse.  $150 is pocket change in the grand scheme of car audio.  If a new windshield and sealant stops your interior from getting wet or damaged (Florida, right?), then $150 is a good investment so you can sell it later or have it for years to come.  Everyone has their own set of priorities I guess.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

7 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Hey man, dont take offense.  You sound cocky and a bit naive when you ask a question for help but then act like youre better than the responses.  I've nearly broken my windshield and had to weld the roof closed to prevent the metal from clapping around.  When shit starts breaking you have to fix it otherwise it gets worse.  $150 is pocket change in the grand scheme of car audio.  If a new windshield and sealant stops your interior from getting wet or damaged (Florida, right?), then $150 is a good investment so you can sell it later or have it for years to come.  Everyone has their own set of priorities I guess.

I mean, I didn't take offense, I just thought it seemed a little unprovoked. I don't intend to come across as cocky, considering I don't know jack about this. I'm learning it all as I go along and come across new issues. I'm only 3 months into car audio with only minor issues, and I didn't do the install myself, I don't have anything to be cocky about, lol. I don't see how I acted like I was better than my responses, I was just saying my attempt with 3M didn't go well. And you're right, the $150 is a good investment, and that's probably the route I'll end up going, but wouldn't you rather spend $10 and have $140 to put towards a new amp, rims, etc. ? So the plan is a new windshield, I guess, I just wanted to make sure I exhausted the cheaper options first. 

On 2/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, AlpineNut said:

Have you tried something like this?  ive never used it, but it can't hurt to try.

Never heard of it, I'll look into it before I move into the new windshield option, for sure. Thanks.

Archived