Focal power 165kR2

tbeats

So I have the focals on a Rockford p300x2 the speakers are 2ohm with my whimpy stock wire they read 2.9ohm at the amp . My question is with that amp should I even set the gain with the dd1 with any over lap? The speakers are 80rms .i set with 0db now and they seem kinda Weak 

3 hours ago, Robert8252 said:

those comps should make plenty of noise with that amp set with a dd1. Make sure your positive and negative aren’t backwards on one of the speakers. 

They are wired correctly I checked, should I actually use overlap say set at -5db?

12 hours ago, tbeats said:

They are wired correctly I checked, should I actually use overlap say set at -5db?

You can set it at -59 if you want. Set at 0, and wired at 3ohm, i bet they are quiet as shit, as in not loud at all right ???? 

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

You can set it at -59 if you want. Set at 0, and wired at 3ohm, i bet they are quiet as shit, as in not loud at all right ???? 

You are correct!  I’m planing on running 14ga direct from amp to crossovers asap once weather is clear and I have a free day. I’m thinking then 0db might be fine cause amp will see 2ohm or I believe focal says 1.8 , but for now with that 3ohm load would -5db be safe ?

Tuff to say. I dont even know if wiring at 2ohm will give ya what you need. You have a meter to see yes (from above post) Try it, and see, you can over lap at -2.5 , or -.5 and see. With mids and tweets, you'll know when your acting a fool. Burning up tweets is hella easy tho.  I dont ever wanna burn up gear either, that aint me, not at all, but, shit, not loud enough, is clearly no fun also.  When your ready, let me know, and i can find and send you more tracks. Maybe -2.5 (right in the middle) will be the ticket. Ill bet ya might go to -5 tho. Just try it and see. Get it wired up, set it, and let er wang, but, carfully. I think youll know pretty quick if its going to do, what you think and want. I mean, dont expect the world, but..... when its CLEARLY not doing what you KNOW it can, or should, then your set to conservative.  Again, im not the guy that burns shit up. Ever. But, i do like to get the most outta my gear. Fooooo show....

EDIT- and you lost me a bit, with, adding larger wire should net you a lower nominal,... im a bit lost there, but....

46 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Tuff to say. I dont even know if wiring at 2ohm will give ya what you need. You have a meter to see yes (from above post) Try it, and see, you can over lap at -2.5 , or -.5 and see. With mids and tweets, you'll know when your acting a fool. Burning up tweets is hella easy tho.  I dont ever wanna burn up gear either, that aint me, not at all, but, shit, not loud enough, is clearly no fun also.  When your ready, let me know, and i can find and send you more tracks. Maybe -2.5 (right in the middle) will be the ticket. Ill bet ya might go to -5 tho. Just try it and see. Get it wired up, set it, and let er wang, but, carfully. I think youll know pretty quick if its going to do, what you think and want. I mean, dont expect the world, but..... when its CLEARLY not doing what you KNOW it can, or should, then your set to conservative.  Again, im not the guy that burns shit up. Ever. But, i do like to get the most outta my gear. Fooooo show....

EDIT- and you lost me a bit, with, adding larger wire should net you a lower nominal,... im a bit lost there, but....

Currently with the stock wire from behind the H.U to the doors is causing a rise from my speakers my last set that was a 4ohm was reading like 6 ohm in the rear of the car at the amp idk if the car has some crazy stock crossovers from the factory speakers in-line I don’t see or what.

19 hours ago, Robert8252 said:

those comps should make plenty of noise with that amp set with a dd1. Make sure your positive and negative aren’t backwards on one of the speakers. 

Thread jacking here.... all apologies 

But, Robert ????? WHERE IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK, have you been ? And dude, i have a new PSN account.... id like to be buddies again for the gaming LOL. Man, i havent seen you for ever dude. Hope your well. (old kylar96 bro ) 

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded to the focal krx2 components they have a rms of 100 watts, I ran direct 14 gauge from amp to the doors. When I check Impedance I get 1.9 ohm per so that’s maximizing that Rockford amp given the power that thing puts out would I be safe going into any gain overlap at all?

On 2/23/2018 at 7:13 PM, Kyblack76 said:

Thread jacking here.... all apologies 

But, Robert ????? WHERE IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK, have you been ? And dude, i have a new PSN account.... id like to be buddies again for the gaming LOL. Man, i havent seen you for ever dude. Hope your well. (old kylar96 bro ) 

Sorry just saw this! But you know. Here, there, everywhere. Working non stop and starting to throw money into this stuff again. I’ll pm you my psn name when I log in and double check. 

9 hours ago, tbeats said:

Upgraded to the focal krx2 components they have a rms of 100 watts, I ran direct 14 gauge from amp to the doors. When I check Impedance I get 1.9 ohm per so that’s maximizing that Rockford amp given the power that thing puts out would I be safe going into any gain overlap at all?

I wouldn’t set the gain with anything less than the -5 personally. I usually use the 0db tone for mids and highs. 

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived