Hair trick? SPL?

MyNameIsNoob

Im in the process of my most powerful set up ever attempted. Ive saw videos of people w similar gear doing 150+ and some pretty impressive hairtricks.

If this is the goal, what kinda details do you personally feel will help or hurt you?

What kinda numbers and hair movement are a realistic goal for someone who has never done anything over 4000 watts total power before?

This is what we have:

Singer 320 amp

2- XS power D3400

2- Hifonics Brutus 3016 strapped -6000 watts @ 2 ohms, Dual 0g inputs to each

2- Soundqubed HDC3 15, 8g wire (Box Dimensions, tuning TBD)

Hifonics 1616 4 channel amp

2 sets - Polk MM6501 Front

2sets - Polk MM691 rear

1. Don't do it for the hairtricks on that power level or cone area. (depends on your definition of a hairtrick I guess)

2. Build it to be enjoyed by YOU. Not look cool for someone on the internet watching a video. 

3. And guessing numbers is a literal shot in the dark. It could do a 150, it could do a 147, or it could do a 153. Depends on too many things to count.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

44 minutes ago, ChevyBoy95 said:

1. Don't do it for the hairtricks on that power level or cone area. (depends on your definition of a hairtrick I guess)

2. Build it to be enjoyed by YOU. Not look cool for someone on the internet watching a video. 

3. And guessing numbers is a literal shot in the dark. It could do a 150, it could do a 147, or it could do a 153. Depends on too many things to count.

This as fuck.  Is this a trunk build ? Or ? 

Also, numbers,.. are numbers. How were the ones metered you saw? Sealed on the glass ? (legal) , In the kick? door open ? And, at what freq ?  Also, what vehicle ? That can play on the meter as big as anything.Just looking at number, can be WAY misleading.  A dude burping a 53 is neat, unless its at 50hz or something lame like that. To me anyway.

We all have our own wants, goals, and  shit.  Build it, tweak it, and play it, love/enjoy it. For you.... I guess hair tricks and floating stuff is the neat thing now, i get it.  But, doing that, really dont mean a ton. Dont be disappointed when you burp a 45,  legal.  I learned a while ago, that meter, can make it a fuck load of NOT FUN.  Build, learn, play, love. Id just keep it simple if i was you, unless, your REALLY wanting to compete. (Again, what car is this? what ORG do you run in your area? What class do you wanna run? Trunk, power limited, that sorta thing.  I can look, and in 3 seconds, know, and see what kinda competition your up against on TERMPRO.)

Cheers, and have fun bro. Get a BL going when ya start. ;)

KB

Archived