Foam Acoustic Speaker Baffles?

fmedina

Stay away from them unless you have a major water leak, they'll cut all bass from your speakers, and unless you cut a hole in them they'll act like a lung collapsing and expanding as the speaker moves in and out.

I tried a pair out once for prevent water damage to the speakers but quickly realized the short comings of them and just removed them from the car, i wound up doing some repairs to the doors and never had an issue with water again.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

34 minutes ago, Skullz said:

Stay away from them unless you have a major water leak, they'll cut all bass from your speakers, and unless you cut a hole in them they'll act like a lung collapsing and expanding as the speaker moves in and out.

100% this.

I tried a pair once too and i swear you can actually hear them moving in and out too, it also effects the sound quality of the speakers in other ways as well, basically you'll gain nothing good from using them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I bought some to make a fiberglass mold but never got around to it.  Wanted more midbass for my 6.5s but then just build wood pods and installed a pair of 8s per door instead lol

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

the only reason to by these things is to prevent water from soaking the speaker in the door. cut the back in half so it acts as an umbrella.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Thanks for the tip @fasfocus00. So today after some good rain I've noticed some water leaking inside the doors. Panels are off and  I don't have the mids in right now until I can come up with a solution. Any tips and advice on stopping water leaks inside the doors. 

Archived