Foam Acoustic Speaker Baffles?

fmedina

21 minutes ago, 8ten8 said:

Where is the leak coming from exactly?

I wanna say the window track closest to the front of the car. And that track literally ends almost dead center to the speaker's motor. However I haven't visually noticed any water damage to the previous mids I had in there sooo...

Gotcha. My issue last year was almost identical to yours. The passenger floor and door sill near the 6.5 was soaked after every rain. I have a sun roof, so my investigation started there. Long month story short...removing the headliner, A piller, door panel and carpet is what I should have done first thing. Had a buddy hose the vehicle down while I was inside...found the issue. pin hole behind windshield gasket allowed water to travel down a-piller to passenger door to floor. Sanding, priming  and using this did the trick. Long winded but I hope it helps

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Black-Super-Weatherstrip-Adhesive/?N=5002385+3292908126&rt=rud

That would be a great  thread topic to start. “Dealing with doors leaking water”. My charger leaks allt of water from the window i think. With my door panels off and going through a carwash, i can see all kinds of water falls in different spots inside the door. It will even splash a lil out of the doors onto me lol. Im not at the point of addressing that yet but i will have to do something about it before the speakers go in. 

Ill go make that thread since i dont see one specificly for that anywhere here.

water is suppose to pass through the door panel. there are weep holes on the bottom of the door to help the water drain out. some door panels are just designed better to direct that water than others. 

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived