Sign in to follow this  
tbeats

Noise in system from remote gain control

I’m using the remote gain control and at high volume I get a thud sound from the subs, also does this any time the system is on say if I pull the wire that’s plugged in to the amp any. So I’m guessing the bass moves the wire . Is this common? I have use a few different wires all do this.

I had an issue with the gain knob in my daily making a "thud" noise with the subs and it turned out the knob was actually a little loose - I could move the knob a little bit back and forth and it would make the thud noise so I just disconnected the knob and haven't messed with it yet.

1 minute ago, zack_e89 said:

I had an issue with the gain knob in my daily making a "thud" noise with the subs and it turned out the knob was actually a little loose - I could move the knob a little bit back and forth and it would make the thud noise so I just disconnected the knob and haven't messed with it yet.

Strange mine does it on the amp side, I really only like having it for the clipping light.

On 2/28/2018 at 4:42 PM, tbeats said:

Strange mine does it on the amp side, I really only like having it for the clipping light.

Is that to say when the cord for the bass knob is wiggled at the amp plug? Try to secure it at the amp so the plug cannot move and then wiggle the rest of the harness to see if it still makes noise, will at least narrow down where the issue is. I've had one bass knob that would make noise anytime it was adjusted, it was the potentiometer in the knob itself in my case.