Locking Pliers? Recommendation?

I don't own any locking Pliers and was wondering what you guys would recommend. The one I'm eyeballing is this:

https://www.amazon.com/Grip-111-10-10-Inch-Curved-Locking/dp/B001G0MGTQ/

Grip-On 111-10 10-Inch Curved Jaw Locking Pliers

I'm going to be replacing my rear struts this Summer and wanted to make sure I had all the tools for the job.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

8 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

They generally all do the same thing. May I ask why you need these to change your struts?

My rear is sagging.

I don't think I need to change the struts on my Camry but since I'm going to be adding GP No Sag springs, I might as well change out the stock struts with new ones (unless anyone here think it's not necessary please let me know. I only have 85k Miles on the 1999 Camry). I'm not a mechanic either and am figuring all of this out from watching YouTube videos.

Still waiting for gpcaraudio to get back to me though. I was wondering if I was suppose to add my weight (200 lbs) into the calculation for what springs to get to bring the ride back to stock height.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Im also curious as to why you think you need these to change your struts?

those grip-on's are nice though.

If youre only going to use them once or twice just get a cheap pair though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

4 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Im also curious as to why you think you need these to change your struts?

I don't know :(.

I just have a feeling the extra 500 lbs I've been dragging around in side my trunk for the ~85k miles would wear our the rear strut system. I was thinking it would be a good idea to just change it all out when I get my GP No Sag springs. Also, isn't it better to take care of all of that now in case I decide to add more weight in the back in the future?

Right now the car 'feels' fine compared to my cousin's car where it would be super bumpy riding over any small uneven surface.

7 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

We are not asking why you are changing the struts. We are asking why you need the locking pliers to change them?

Oh! Lol. My bad. I was like wtf... is it that dumb to change to new struts when I replace springs? haha.

So basically, I've been working a lot of overtime to stock up on new and shiny tools for my garage. I'm trying to find a reason to buy 'new stuff'. I don't own a lot of tools like most Americans do so I'm starting my collection now.

But to answer your guys question... in this video that I"m watching on youtube, the guy was using a pair or locking pliers:

if you guys see anything wrong with this video let me know because I will be following this YouTube guide to replace my struts.

I'm still looking for a YouTube video on how to assemble a new strut with coils and what not.

Irwin makes some good ones

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Ahhh I see. Yeah that would make it easy. In this case even the cheaper sets will work so in the end it's just your preference and how much you want to spend. I was just hoping they weren't to compress and hold springs lol. You never know, you have to ask. I like the way you are going about this though. Throough many years of trial and error I have found that having the right tools make all the difference in the world. So thumbs up on being prepared.

1a is pretty good. I watch them from time to time myself. Quality videos.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

I'll be in the market for some quality Spring Compressors after I buy them GP No Sag springs. If I do get the 1,000lb rated coils, I wonder if the $40 spring compressors would even be able to compress the coil ?

Archived