Second Skin Audio

Sub/box wiring

TripJaxon

Ok, so I searched the forum, and actually did kinda find a thread with what was prolly a good answer...but the pix posted were hosted through photofuckit, and can't be viewed. So now I'm asking, because of all the searching I've done, I've not got a clear picture, not to mention so much reading I'm confused a bit. I've recently purchased 2 12" SA e12 dual 4ohm subs, and an SAE 10001.d v2 amp. I knew I had to parallel the subs inside the box to bring the ohms to 1. I did that and as a reference I looked over the wiring guide in the user's manual that came with the amp, and the diagram shows wiring in parallel like you should, but it shows 4 wires going into the amp. I know it's a mono amp, was just under the impression I should use the jumpers from each speaker in the box, and just plug 1 + and 1- to the amp, not 2 + and 2 - So I wired it as the diagram showed. My question is, is this ok? Or should I just have one set of wires from the terminal cup going into the amp, not all 4 wires from the cups to all 4 spots on the amp? Sorry if this question seems dumb, I'm just really confused now. 

Also, I've heard some mono amps will do something with the wires after their connected, inside. Like if each sub is wired parallel inside the box, but not jumped together, it will cut the 2ohm load connected to the amp, to a 1ohm load. Not sure if the SAE 1000d is one of those, google wasn't very fourthcoming :/

Either is acceptable as long as you are wired right at the box. It is still a monoblock as you said but the extra terminals are just for ease of wiring. 

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived