hertz coaxial

ky_coop

I have heard great things about the hi energy hsk component series.  Unfortunately i am not doing a full build right now that would call for that nice of a speaker. My local audio shop sells hertz and i was curious as to how the hi energy coaxial 6.5's sound. I have JL Audio C2 right now but they are on their way out after a few years of hard use.  Would the HCX 165 be a good upgrade/replacement for them? 

If so they call for 100 watts RMS. I know the components are power hungry but theres not to much information on these that i can find. I have JL 4 channel amp that i can bridge, giving each speaker 200 watts. Is that to much even with proper tuning? 

COOP

Deaden and seal every hole in your doors. Edit: thought you ment the comps. I actually loved the 6.5 coax. I ran the JL C5 series for a while and I’d take the hertz all day. Great mid bass, tweeter was good but needed to tune down the EQ on it. Make sure to get legit speaker. Knock offs due exist on eBay. They won’t need more than 100-150 watts to sound great. 

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I am glad to hear you liked the speakers, I love my JL speakers but would like to try something new. I have local audio shop that is a dealer for the hertz. They would be the ones installing them so I am sure they will be able to tune them down just right, even sending 200 watts to them i think they will do fine. I would just buy a good two channel amp or smaller 4 channel to bridge but the one i got is like new and I have liked it so far. Thanks for your reply.  

COOP

Archived