Sonic Electronix

What brand Brake Pads for Heavy Car Audio Cars?

Brake fluid is hygroscopic and requires replacement every few years, which 99% of people never do, and wonder why my brakes suck compared to when i first got the car.

A good fluid extractor makes fluid changes so much faster and easier, and if your car is getting old it is a good idea to replace those flex lines while your doing the fluid change.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

1 hour ago, Skullz said:

Brake fluid is hygroscopic and requires replacement every few years, which 99% of people never do, and wonder why my brakes suck compared to when i first got the car.

A good fluid extractor makes fluid changes so much faster and easier, and if your car is getting old it is a good idea to replace those flex lines while your doing the fluid change.

I try explaining this to people all the time and they just give me the old "well ive never done it before on any of my vehicles and its never caused any problems"

People are so anti preventative maintainence these days that its insane.

Most go by the dont do anything to it unless it breaks school of thought.

But they are the same people who wonder why their cars always break down.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So Broke, youre saying that a 700-1000 pound heavier sedan would not benefit at all from an increased brake diameter, especially in an emergency stop situation?  Even with the same pedal pressure, an increased torque arm (brake radius) for the friction disc will not result in more stopping performance?  

If thats your opinion then my opinion is that youre wrong.

Maybe good pads and standard rotors is a better bang for your buck budget decision, but a larger diameter brake can have the ability to stop the car faster.  There's a reason heavier vehicles have larger brakes.  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

22 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

So Broke, youre saying that a 700-1000 pound heavier sedan would not benefit at all from an increased brake diameter, especially in an emergency stop situation?  Even with the same pedal pressure, an increased torque arm (brake radius) for the friction disc will not result in more stopping performance?  

If thats your opinion then my opinion is that youre wrong.

Maybe good pads and standard rotors is a better bang for your buck budget decision, but a larger diameter brake can have the ability to stop the car faster.  There's a reason heavier vehicles have larger brakes.  

I think you compelety missed what i said.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I’m a fan of ceramic pads , but if you got 1000lbs more on your vehicle bigger pads and rotors would help, but just by not over heating, got to keep brakes cool that’s the key to longevity.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

4 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

You know big brake kits dont make your car stop any faster right?

all bigger brakes do is dissipate heat faster to help control brake fade, which is only usefull if you are pushing your stock brakes to their thermal limit from heavy constant braking, thats it, there is no added stoping power from the extra surface area.

Nah I think I read it right, but its cool man.  I think all our comments were meant to help OP out

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

IMG_0242_zpsrq5rw5vg.jpg

This is how my 03 Lancer ES turned out. I have about $200 into it. Not as good of Brand name parts as mentioned above by other members. I am happy with the results.

I think anything the OP does is a step in the right direction , as always members here want to help, sometimes to passionately. ha ha 

17 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Nah I think I read it right, but its cool man.  I think all our comments were meant to help OP out

So the surface area increased the stopping power or it helped dissipate more heat???

the moment of torque has nothing to do with surface area.

Im not saying you made the wrong decision for yourself, all im saying is you could have achieved the same if not better performance with stock sized brakes with better pads and rotors that have added cooling methods.

Im sure the bigger brakes look a whole hell of a lot better too.

3 minutes ago, Skullz said:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ebc-s5kf1095

Granted every car will be a different price.

I have the stage 5 rotors with the redstuff pads on my caliber, amazing difference over stock.

Archived