Second Skin Audio

any difference between sub location inside a ported box?

akuma4u

Knocker, yes that’s exactly what I think too. And I had actually discussed this very topic with my local car audio shop manager who builds all the enclosures and does installs for the shop and he also said you do not want the sub firing directly into the port. He has some software program on his computer that calculates all of those variables such as the sub mounting location in a specific box with regards to the location of the port end and how it effects everything. The name of the program I cannot remember though.

1 hour ago, anr102990 said:

Knocker, yes that’s exactly what I think too. And I had actually discussed this very topic with my local car audio shop manager who builds all the enclosures and does installs for the shop and he also said you do not want the sub firing directly into the port. He has some software program on his computer that calculates all of those variables such as the sub mounting location in a specific box with regards to the location of the port end and how it effects everything. The name of the program I cannot remember though.

Jbz9A81.jpg

Yeah that's what happened to me. I ended up having to make the port much longer than I thought it was going to be which ended up basically having the port run right into the driver. I even had to notch out the top of the port to fit the basket as you can see in the picture. Either way it just didn't seem right. So I fixed it.

Archived