Sundown Audio

Sundown U series 12 mini review

17 hours ago, akuma4u said:

The SA 12s are STILL prob the best sub you could get at its price point however when compared to the U series..

yes there is a difference, they hit harder and take more power. As i stated before, its like an SA on steroids. With the release of these U series subs, it is my opinion and feeling that it officially and firmly places the SA series into the ENTRY level category (I know they were kinda already there but now its like official). For those looking to do a common dual 12 set up with the popular sa12s,. i would spend the extra money and upgrade to 2 12 Us instead,.. they will work in the same space/enclosure as the SAs but will require more power. End result will be totally worth it.

After getting this U sub I am now debating whether to keep my sa12 as a back up emergency sub or just sell it off..

Ok ? thanks, I’ll be buying 2 sundown u series 12” soon??

• 2 months later...

Anyone else on the forum now running the Sundown U series subs.  I'm really considering a single U10 or 12 now paired with my SCV 2000 in my truck.  Think it would be better suited for my listening habits and space available in my truck.  Im a big fan of the SA series so I think I would like these. 

Any talk of them coming out with version 2s already of the U series or are they too new?  Just dont see a lot of opinions or videos of them yet at all.  Not a huge fan of the looks of the cast basket, but not really a big deal for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 10:08 PM, SixTwoRado said:

Anyone else on the forum now running the Sundown U series subs.  I'm really considering a single U10 or 12 now paired with my SCV 2000 in my truck.  Think it would be better suited for my listening habits and space available in my truck.  Im a big fan of the SA series so I think I would like these. 

Any talk of them coming out with version 2s already of the U series or are they too new?  Just dont see a lot of opinions or videos of them yet at all.  Not a huge fan of the looks of the cast basket, but not really a big deal for me. 

I run a 15 in my Maxima. Pounds hard AF and gets pretty low. It's honestly a very good woofer but the basket is not the greatest looking imo. Definitely a major step up over the SA series. Better than hdc3 soundqubed by far too. Better than level 4 DC too... No bull

• 7 months later...

I got two of U12 D2's from the Sundown yard sale, they were marked as loose. So far I've checked them free air on a plate amp from an old powered sub just to verify they work. Both work and I didn't hear any rubbing. Haven't played them on my system yet, I had to use a drum sander to widen the holes in my 2x12 box. Super excited to see what these things can do though, will know soon. 4k amp is on the way too, then things will really get interesting!