Sonic Electronix

EBC Brake Kit - S5 Yellowstuff and GD Rotors

EBC Brake Kit - S5 Yellowstuff and GD Rotors (S5KF1048) (Front Rotors and Brakes)
Rotor Diameter : 10.8in
Total Price: $234.98 Shipped. (After discounts)

A lot of people on this forum were recommending this brand for the brake pads so I got it. What I've noticed is that the pads doesn't come with the screamers for when it gets low. How do you guys know when to change it out?

I got mine with the RD Rotors. There was another option for USR Rotors but I wasn't sure which was better.

https://thmotorsports.com/ebc-brakes/ebc-brake-kit-s5-yellowstuff-and-gd-rotors/s5kf1048/i-1826805.aspx

This will be my first time doing a brake job.

ebc-brakes-level5-yellow-1.jpg

ebc-brakes-level5-yellow-2.jpg

ebc-brakes-level5-yellow-3.jpg

ebc-brakes-level5-yellow-4.jpg

ebc-brakes-level5-yellow-5.jpg

ebc-brakes-level5-yellow-6.jpg

ebc-brakes-level5-yellow-7.jpg

ebc-brakes-level5-yellow-8.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Awesome, now get to work.  lol

Follow the break in procedure exactly.

Easy braking for the first 100 miles, moderate braking from 100 to 1000 miles, and very heavy braking 5 times from 60 mph to 10 mph. I highly recommend finding a country road next to a freeway so once you do the fifth brake cycle you want to get on the freeway and drive for about 1/2 hour to completely cool the rotors, and if that is not an option you will have to park the car and let the rotors cool to the touch. What happens is that it beds the rotors with brake material, and this seems to be the best bedding in process i have ever used.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

10 hours ago, Skullz said:

Awesome, now get to work.  lol

Follow the break in procedure exactly.

Easy braking for the first 100 miles, moderate braking from 100 to 1000 miles, and very heavy braking 5 times from 60 mph to 10 mph. I highly recommend finding a country road next to a freeway so once you do the fifth brake cycle you want to get on the freeway and drive for about 1/2 hour to completely cool the rotors, and if that is not an option you will have to park the car and let the rotors cool to the touch. What happens is that it beds the rotors with brake material, and this seems to be the best bedding in process i have ever used.

Is it better to wait for Summer to do all of this when it stops raining? or does weather not matter?

Also, finding a spot to do that 60 mph to 10mph is going to be tough without getting a ticket =_=. Cops in Oregon like to give out speeding tickets.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

That is a good looking rotor. Kind of making me jealous. Hmmmm.

As skulls said: Find a dirt road.

You gotta get out of the city to find where the blacktop ends lol. Usually aren't any cops out that way.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

2 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

That is a good looking rotor. Kind of making me jealous. Hmmmm.

As skulls said: Find a dirt road.

You gotta get out of the city to find where the blacktop ends lol. Usually aren't any cops out that way.

They only look that good till the first time you hit the brakes.

The black coating comes right off the contact areas.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I"m going to be doing the install tomorrow morning and wanted to clarify some things before I do it.
crc.jpg

Should I spray CRC Disc Brake Quiet on the back of my brake pads and plates like this video?

Shouldn't need to.

To answer your question, just make sure @ the 1000 mile heavy brake bed in process, to use an asphalt road for max grip and make sure it is a dry rain free day.

You want to brake hard enough to almost cause the wheels to skid.

Just do the 5 heavy stops in a row and either park it till it cools off or hit the freeway with no braking in between,  nothing like this guy is doing with multiple times heavy braking.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Meh. I've decided to go ahead and buy new rotors and brakes for the rear of my Camry also. All my brakes front and rear both look pretty worn out. I'll do it all at once in a few weeks -.-

• 3 weeks later...

Archived