'03 Montero - 4 Crossfire XSv1 12's - 2 Crossfire 4ks - Big Ratio 6th - CES 280a - Cmax 60ah - 155.7dB legal 27hz, 158.7dB outlaw 36hz

Here's a graph of the first testing sesh on about 4.5k clamped.  Pretty decent response, I must say.  

I know it's not on the graph, but it does 154.0 dB at 28hz legal, and 154.2dB at 56hz legal.  The peaks are exactly at tuning.  

We tested 2 songs and the results were:

White Girl (Decaf Version) - 154.4dB at 30hz, 152.7dB at 50hz

Paper Chasin' (DJ JD version) - 153.2dB at 27hz, 155.1dB at 34hz

14gtuoP.jpg

I need to do a full impedance sweep and make a corresponding graph, but at its low peak (28hz) it rises from .5 to 1.2 ohms (sealed  up).

I had to do this to keep the USB from flying out:

pfZtJ9b.jpg

I'll upload some demo vids to Youtube and get them on here asap.  Stay tuned!

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

Crossfire mids & highs and amps

65ah Cmax bank

Iraggi 320a and Mechman 300a

• crazydoublekick changed the title to '03 Montero - 4 Crossfire XSv1 12's - Orion HCCA 8000.1D - Big Ratio 6th - CES 280a - Lithium - Over 150dB from 20-60hz
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alrighty.  So, the Winston 90ah that I originally got for this build had some issues and was basically dead.  It wasn't anyone's fault.  It was just used and tired.  Basically, after playing this setup on it for a week or so, it was dropping looooow.  Like, 8.5v low.  My voltmeter for up front hasn't arrived yet, so I couldn't monitor voltage.  I went back and clamped the amp and measured voltage and it scared the bejesus out of me haha.  That 4.5k clamped I was mentioning up there ^^^ was dropping to about 9v lol. 

Josh and I worked out a deal and he shipped me one of his Veachium 30ah to try out since the Winston was fucked.  I got it hooked up 2 nights ago and gave it a run (straight out of the shipping box, no charging) and it was sitting around 13v full tilt before it nuked my 2 400a fuses haha.  So, larger fuses are on the way, and this batt is nuts.  I clamped the 8k again before it destroyed the fuses again, and it clamped 7332 watts rms rising to 1.3 ohm.  28hz, sealed on the dash.  I should be able to get a lot more testing done this weekend.  Stay tuned for new meter numbers and more reviewing of the Veachium!

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

Thanks, DiBo!  I'm actually running a CES 280a.  They started making a new mounting system for a larger alt.  

New scores with proper voltage are:

154.8dB legal at 28hz

155.6dB legal at 56hz

157.3dB door open on the dash at 35hz

157.9dB door open in the kick at 35hz

It does 157+ on music with the meter on the dash and door open anywhere between 30-40hz.  I played Top Chef by Akon (Decaf version - 28hz) with the driver window down and it metered at a 156.6.

That was after demoing for about 30 minutes.  I'm sure it would gain a couple tenths with a fresh charge.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

Thanks for the feedback, dudes!

I think I'm gonna pull the subs and ports and do some more box work in prep for Slamfest.  I think I'm going to add another layer to the roof of the box (that's the thinnest, most resonant part at 2 layers) and add some 3/4" all-thread front to back, side to side, and top to bottom.  That'll let me really cinch this thing down from every axis and tighten it up some more.  I'm also going to build some port blocks to play with front tuning and see if I gain at all.  I bet I will.  This will also give me a chance to do some more filling/sanding/painting to make the box a little prettier.

I ordered my new mids and highs yesterday (PRV 6.5s and tweets) and I'll be installing those and deadening the fuck out of the doors soon.  

I really want to see if I can pull 2.1dB out of this thing somewhere; I really want that 160 outlaw.  I'll take pics and keep you guys posted!

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

• 2 weeks later...

I have the new mids and highs installed and one door completely treated.  I may take tonight to try and get the extra layer on the roof of the box and mess with the bracing some.  I got some 1" steel pipe with flanges for vertical and horizontal bracing.  

My buddy Brian is going to let me borrow his meter this weekend, and I'm gonna play with shrinking the front port a little and see if it gains.  Fingers are crossed.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty. I got the box work done (extra roof layer and steel brace) and shrank the front port 100 square inches. It's now doing 155dB legal at 28hz, 155.5 legal at 55hz, and 158.4dB outlaw at 35hz. I still have a ton of testing left to do in the next few days before Slamfest.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

Still gaining tenths with playing with the front port. New legal peak is a 155.25 at 27hz, and it's now doing 158s door open on the dash in the mid 30s. 158.5s in the kick.

The most notable difference is that voltage is up a bit (holding 13v on burps) and I'm now clamping 9200+ watts out of the Orion.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

• crazydoublekick changed the title to '03 Montero - 4 Crossfire XSv1 12's - 2 Crossfire 4ks - Big Ratio 6th - CES 280a - Cmax 60ah - 155.7dB legal 27hz, 158.7dB outlaw 36hz

Archived