'03 Montero - 4 Crossfire XSv1 12's - 2 Crossfire 4ks - Big Ratio 6th - CES 280a - Cmax 60ah - 155.7dB legal 27hz, 158.7dB outlaw 36hz

Hey, all!

This is my baby.  It's a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero that I drove in high school; I recently bought it back from my folks for a couple grand, and its whole purpose is to be destroyed with bass.  She's in decent shape for 140k miles.  A few years ago, I had a c-pillar wall in this thing with 2 Fi BTL N2 18s on a n AQ3500.1 at .7.  It did 152s with garbage electrical, and was super fun.  I've always dreamed of walling this thing at the b pillar, so here we go.

S2zlXCu.jpg

All I saw here was potential.  Time to rip all this shit out.UoamhcS.jpg

The process has begun.

ZL34PaW.jpg

Carpet cut, headliner removed, and roof braces foamed.  There's quite a decent amount of space in this bitch.gEpJ8Ob.jpg

Maaaany more pics to come.  Just gotta get them on Imgur.  Stay tuned!

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

Crossfire mids & highs and amps

65ah Cmax bank

Iraggi 320a and Mechman 300a

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the first wood run.  This should get me started, at least.

qlkwds1.jpg

Here's my boy Desmond grinding off all the old ass glue from the factory deadener.  Team Diztruktion ftw.

5l5y0iz.jpg

Started laying the foundation for the enclosure by bolting down 2x4s at factory trim bolt and seat bolt locations and PL'ing the shit out of them.

OY7jTp0.jpg

uX0xgen.jpg

ola8Ca8.jpg.

Next, I started PL'ing pieces of wood to the roof.

rG0jIxe.jpg

IvcIGXd.jpg

Here's the first layer of the floor.

Obbd9WE.jpg

Had to rip these stupid brackets off to try and get the roof level and ready for another couple layers in the future.

Hg75sHR.jpg

Beginning to get the sides cut. 

DCe3D9m.jpg

After painstakingly getting one side cut perfectly (tons of little notches and such for the roof braces),  I flush trimmed the other side out.

2gJHo3T.jpg

15g4DLT.jpg

Next, I started Kreg jigging my face off.  This is the fastest way that I've found to do this with the cheap mini-jig.  These clamps are great for this.

bZM7RRB.jpg

rRLvhEV.jpg

1pe56mF.jpg

Both sides all kreg'd up.

R60QvZb.jpg

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

Got the sides in and propped up while I glued/screwed them down.

Rg17QH9.jpg

Here's the first picture of it actually starting to look like something.  I'm getting pretty stoked.

QEvVrSE.jpg

Here's the start of the bracing for the sides.

wZxFB62.jpg

nW6LPXn.jpg

qk8QX0u.jpg

6VUVQSZ.jpg

Shit is getting beefy.

Uj0esjE.jpg

As always, I'm kind of having to change things a little as I go.  The back top corner of the enclosure will end up being 45'd (you can see a sloppy line sketched just to get an idea).  I also started bracing the other side in this picture.

1cp7EAk.jpg

pP3Z7XY.jpg

Spreading out some good ol' Titebond II for the second layer on the floor.

8XFPnSb.jpg

More side bracing.  There will be vertical 2x4s between the horizontals.

wwWnoC4.jpg

Mmmmmm shellllll.

2SfE777.jpg

Alright, now we're currently caught up.  I decided to build the shell, see how much volume I was left with, and to pick subs after that.  Well, all said and done, the shell will end up at 39 cubes gross internal.  I was having a hard time picking out gear until a dumbass deal for 4 Crossfire XSv1 12s popped up for $500... for all 4.  So, I'm picking those up this weekend.  The plan is a large ratio 6th order, adjustable rear port, driver's side front port.  I'll upload sketchup designs for it soon.  Stay tuned for more updates!

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

I drew this up today.  Efficiency is the goal here, so the rear chamber is 10 ft^3 net at 28hz via an adjustable 8" aero.  The front chamber ended up at 26.5 ft^3 net at 56hz with 650 square inches of port.  I always like to start big and shrink as necessary.  There is a ton of external bracing that is obviously not pictured here; the main goal was to design the inside of the shell.

VzPIi58.png

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

:rofl2:

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Thanks, guys! I may revise my design a little and make the rear port area adjustable as well. I was reading up on Triticum Agricolam's 6th order rear port area testing,  and it may suit me better to have more rear port. Of course, tons of testing will be done until it's perfected.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

Just picked up the XSv1s.  I got a smoking deal from an OG member of team Crossfire.  I'm getting stooooked.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

Here's some pics of one of the XS SPLs.  I'm very much looking forward to putting these through their paces.

wZKkQG4.jpg

iRJMNBG.jpg

Q9jdIFb.jpg

dUJ66pY.jpg

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

• crazydoublekick changed the title to '03 Montero - 4 Crossfire XSv1 12's - 2 Crossfire 4ks - Big Ratio 6th - CES 280a - Cmax 60ah - 155.7dB legal 27hz, 158.7dB outlaw 36hz

Archived