dd1 distorts before signal detect

2 hours ago, dyablo409 said:

I feel like yall are getting the wrong signal. I did not create this thread to see if i could get a hand out of any sort. I just thought I was doing somthing wrong and wanted others opinions and or different ways of testing to see if it worked or not.

I don't see where anyone said anything about you getting a handout.

Send tony an email with the issue you're having, and I'm sure he'll help you figure out or fix the issue for next to nothing, rather than make you purchase a new tool. [email protected]

can't really go wrong asking the engineer behind the product to help fix it.

No one is saying you are asking for something for free, I am just assuring you go through the steps to guarantee it is something with the meter and not that one specific install/gear because if you send it out to be repaired it may take a few weeks until you get it back. It would be even worse to send in a perfectly working meter be without it for a while only to get it back finally and you realize something else was the issue. Just am trying to narrow down the possible issue as much as possible and troubleshoot.

I know first hand the mass majority of hi/low converters will show distortion on the dd-1 as soon as you turn the volume up 1 notch, sometimes the volume can be all the way at 0 and the majority of those converters are showing distortion. 
I actually made a video thats like 17 minutes long testing a few different converters and a prototype SMD converter that never made it to market so I removed the video from youtube.

You can email Tony at: [email protected] 
You can email Juan at: [email protected] 

I would probably email both because one may respond faster than the other with warranty instructions.

3 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

No one is saying you are asking for something for free, I am just assuring you go through the steps to guarantee it is something with the meter and not that one specific install/gear because if you send it out to be repaired it may take a few weeks until you get it back.

I know first hand the mass majority of hi/low converters will show distortion on the dd-1 as soon as you turn the volume up 1 notch, sometimes the volume can be all the way at 0 and the majority of those converters are showing distortion. 
I actually made a video thats like 17 minutes long testing a few different converters and a prototype SMD converter that never made it to market so I removed the video from youtube.

You can email Tony at: [email protected] 
You can email Juan at: [email protected] 

I would probably email both because one may respond faster than the other with warranty instructions.

Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to make damn sure it was not user error. I'll email them and see what they say.