dd1 distorts before signal detect

i put in an audio control lc2 to use my stock radio on my 2017 silverado. my issue is that the dd1 shows distortion before signal detect on 1khz and i can turn it all the way up and it never detects 1khz. Im tapping into my dash speakers for signal since thats where the chimes and bluetooth calls are heard from that way everything still works like stock. i dont have my cd that came with the dd1 im using what i could find on google and youtube either one does the same thing. 

You can download the DD-1 tones from the D'Amore website.

Also make sure the 9v battery is good, i had that same problem last time i used mine and a fresh battery solved it.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

New battery dd-1 eats them like candy

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

are you checking for HU volume level distortion, or you've already found that, and now checking LC2, or checking amp? that will also help determine the cause if a new 9v battery doesn't help. They do get sapped pretty quick when they sit, though.

Im checking the output of the stock radio right before the lc2. fresh battery and does the same thing. could it be that the dd1 is old. i bought it when they first came out number is 0811DT10064 I've always kept it in the truck maybe that has something to do with it.

2 hours ago, dyablo409 said:

Im checking the output of the stock radio right before the lc2. fresh battery and does the same thing. could it be that the dd1 is old. i bought it when they first came out number is 0811DT10064 I've always kept it in the truck maybe that has something to do with it.

Probably.... i put my investment in a nice small plastic box with disc and directions. Can you test it on another vehicle or HU?

I have an original DD1 and have only replaced the battery once. Not saying the battery isn’t the issue. Make sure your ground is good, how are you connecting the speaker wire to the DD1? Have you tried switch polarity of the wire to the DD1?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff