Second Skin Audio

Is LLP waterproof? I was trying to figure out a way to create and add an “umbrella” to the back portion of my custom speaker adapters, the section thats inside the door cavity gets water dripped on it if it rains or washing the car. Im thinking waterproof foam would be the easiest and most pliable option, just use some adhesive and form it around the back portion of the adapter. I already have a ton of LLP so ill try that if its water proof. 

Just a couple pics of the adapter for my front doors. The angle i made the speaker aim kind of helps keep water from dripping on the actual speaker, but i just want to be sure it wont get wet. My doors leak A LOT, which is another issue ill take care of later. 

030C9F9B-3989-44E6-A860-80A1A41EC51F.jpeg

0CB0408A-F0FB-4D75-B401-540A579ECDF7.jpeg

FAEB0D1C-10F5-4667-9808-28FBB8152595.jpeg

3978E1EE-A1BA-4E8A-90AE-EFCD9636169D.jpeg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

If it is a closed cell foam, then yes it is water proof.

Be careful though as you can alter the sound of your speaker by adding foam directly behind a speaker, think of speaker baffles, great idea but they really do hinder the performance of the speaker.

Car audio speakers are meant to get wet, every car leaks water in the doors, it is just a fact of life, some more than others.

Edited by Skullz
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

They are meant to get wet? Wont water damage a speaker? My stock 6x9 adapters had an “umbrella” portion, which is what gave me the idea that maybe i should include something like that on the ones i made. It wouldnt be like those foam cups or fastring plugs. I would form it more like a awning for the back of the adapter thats in the inner door cavity. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

On 3/18/2018 at 12:22 AM, 06RTCharger said:

Is LLP waterproof? I was trying to figure out a way to create and add an “umbrella” to the back portion of my custom speaker adapters, the section thats inside the door cavity gets water dripped on it if it rains or washing the car. Im thinking waterproof foam would be the easiest and most pliable option, just use some adhesive and form it around the back portion of the adapter. I already have a ton of LLP so ill try that if its water proof. 

Just a couple pics of the adapter for my front doors. The angle i made the speaker aim kind of helps keep water from dripping on the actual speaker, but i just want to be sure it wont get wet. My doors leak A LOT, which is another issue ill take care of later. 

030C9F9B-3989-44E6-A860-80A1A41EC51F.jpeg

0CB0408A-F0FB-4D75-B401-540A579ECDF7.jpeg

FAEB0D1C-10F5-4667-9808-28FBB8152595.jpeg

3978E1EE-A1BA-4E8A-90AE-EFCD9636169D.jpeg

All of our products are water resistant...we do not manufacture or sell any product that will absorb water. Even our open cell melamine foam has been treated with a hydrophobic process to repel water. Our products are also anti-fungal and anti-mold treated.  #SecondSkiForTheWin 

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

6 hours ago, Second Skin said:

All of our products are water resistant...we do not manufacture or sell any product that will absorb water. Even our open cell melamine foam has been treated with a hydrophobic process to repel water. Our products are also anti-fungal and anti-mold treated.  #SecondSkiForTheWin

Awesome! I’ll be working on that then. Ill post back with pics of the finished product if im able to make it work in the available space. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

6 hours ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

My father and I installed 30sq of luxury liner in our wakeboard boat 4 years ago. Still going strong in there

Awesome feed back...if you have any pictures of that we would love to see them in our Customer Gallery, along with helping future customers, all entries are eligible for our quarterly $100 store credit giveaways and other swag for the life of the Customer Gallery. Check it out and add your pics here: CUSTOMER GALLERY

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png