Sundown Audio

Xtr 2500.1 half ohm?

DiBo

Korean board and according to BigDWiz... "Well built and over built". I m a newb to car audio when it comes to REAL CAR AUDIO at least so bare with me on a question that's been asked 1000 times I'm sure. The forum isn't exactly jammed up and super busy so I figured I'd just ask before reading through hours of threads. Any help will be appreciated and applied. Thank you. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been doing research. A ton! Ok so my 04 Maxima has the big 3 with 1/0 ofc wire. Bosch AGM group 24 front/back. Mechman 270 on the way ( FedEx says Tuesday from Tennessee) and I'm going to get some sky high or go dual inputs and willing to do whatever it takes to make my electrical as beefy as possible. I guess this is one of those things where I'll jus have to be the first to find out... Amp was only $350 and I'd have to buy a bigger amp anyway to run 2 12"Xv.2 subs unless this one holds up. I figure after box rise and plenty of juice I'll be fine til I get my bigger amps. If not I'll repair it. I'll let everyone know what happens after a (hopefully successful) .5 ohm trial. The fact that I'm a noob doesn't make me an idiot... I'm well aware of the fact that I might fry the amp and I'm not even attempting it until I install my Mechman 270 and a bigger battery in the trunk. Any input is absolutely appreciated and will not be shrugged off. Especially from a seasoned BassHead. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, BigDWiz said:

I would not run the Orion XTR-2500.1Dz at 0.5

Someone has to try it. After box rise and proper electrical we'll see what happens. I'm not arguing that it will work... I'm saying I'm gonna need a new amp to push 2x12's and I'm not opposed to rolling the dice. A calculated roll tho lol ?

Unless the amp is rated on the sheets to do it, it is not advisable, it might cause it to go bad alot quicker then it was intended to like over clocking a CPU or GPU on a computer it will wear it down faster or possibly fry it sooner then youd expect!

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Why not just buy another xtr 2500 and run 1 to each sub

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Ill only run a board lower. That said, you better be ready for anything negative to happen. Be prepared, and dont whine and bitch of something does happen. Its proven, longevity will be comprimised, but, im willing to accept that. Counting on "rise" is, well, what it is, but, i like getting power out of my boards, always have strong as fuck electical. And have still nuked some boards. Its the game. I say do it. ... just dont complain in 4 months if it goes tits up.  

57 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Ill only run a board lower. That said, you better be ready for anything negative to happen. Be prepared, and dont whine and bitch of something does happen. Its proven, longevity will be comprimised, but, im willing to accept that. Counting on "rise" is, well, what it is, but, i like getting power out of my boards, always have strong as fuck electical. And have still nuked some boards. Its the game. I say do it. ... just dont complain in 4 months if it goes tits up.  

Don't you mean in 4 minutes not months?  lol

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Meh,... been running 6 4ks at .5 for 2 and a half seasons, .. No worries, not even concerned.  And we compete, and compete in brutal disciplines. The hardest in fact,,, long, low runs...

But, sure,,, I've seen a amp go down, 2 songs into be wired down. 

Archived