Sundown Audio

Hifonics subsonic filter

akuma4u

So i got a hifonics brx2400 mono amp which is a great budget amp that will push 2000rms with good voltage..its been proven and tested so pls dont crap on it or my amp choice. I actually originally bought it as a back up amp. Anyways. The question i got is regarding its subsonic filter. 

The dial goes from 15 to 35. I usually set it around 28 to 30hz so i estimated this to be around 2 to 3oclock position. Well...when set there. It doesnt sound right. So i called hifonics and asked them and i was surprised when he told me 25hz is at 9 oclock..thats only a quarter turn up from the starting point of 15hz..which confuses me because it jumps 10hz in a quarter turn which leaves a 75% of the dial for the remaining 10hz??? 

I will say the lows and bass do sound way better when its set around 9oclock..but its just so weird that it has to be set so low which means my original estimate was totally off..

So anyone with this amp or hifonics amps i suggest you at least try and turn it down lower esp if you feel you are missing out on lows because chances are if you didnt use a cc1 like me and just estimated it that you are way off..i have already seen numerous users make this mistake in other threads and cant figure out why it doesnt sound right. 

I have a buddy with that same amp, ill pass on the info, thanks.

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

Dude just check with test tones and a DMM. Then you forego guessing in exchange for actual data and certain results. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, WalledSonic said:

Dude just check with test tones and a DMM. Then you forego guessing in exchange for actual data and certain results. 

I gotta learn that technique. But even still i was/am unable to do that atm due to my dmm breaking on me. Waiting for new one in mail..

Archived