Sonic Electronix

Hey guys okay so I have a planet Audio PX3200D Amplifier I have had for a long time finally got something to use it in. I am putting into my 1998 Chevy S-10...

So I installed it into my Truck and it just stays in Protect... So I thought maybe It's just that 12V is not enough and it needs the full Charging Voltage, so I started the truck to see if it will power up with the Full 14V...  Nope still just in Protect. I checked the Engine Charging Voltage and While Running it's 14V AT THE AMP and 12.5 V with the engine off AT THE AMP... YES All ALL GROUNDS ARE GOOD TRUST ME and YES ALL CONNECTIONS ARE GOOD AND TIGHT.  I'm running 0 gauge Power Wire from Stinger so I know that cannot be the issue, all fuses on the Amplifier are good and the Inline 150A Fuse is good....  SO I connected the Charger on 40/12V directly to the battery and the amp will not turn on. So I had another idea by disconnecting the Amplifier all together and hooking it Directly to the charger and the Amp Turns on just fine with ONLY the charger connected at 12V/40A... But with a battery inline it wont! I took a reading off of the Charger and the Charger puts out 19 Volts which I assume is normal with out it being loaded to a battery... 

Long Story Short!

Amplifier will only turn on with 19 Volts connected Directly to the Charger... But Will not turn on for its normal 12 to 14V voltage.... When it is connected to its normal Voltage the Blue Power Light just flickers every 5 seconds as if a Capacitor inside is not able to charge up and trigger a mosfet to turn on?

I Am Running This Set Up In case You Need To Know

0 Gauge Stinger power Wire & Ground.

Planet Audio PX3200D Amplifier

Pioneer DEH-2800BT Head unit

2 12" Kicker Comp R wired at 4 ohms

Try a different amp to see if it powers on correctly in your truck. If that planet audio wasnt the prob u could have messed it up running 19v to it.

What is your load to the amp in all these tests?  Not connected?  If it is, what does the load measure?

Agree, connecting to an open charger at 19V might have caused more damage.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

check voice coil resistance see if you have an issue there as well

also check 14v with no subs hooked up

btw don't forget to unhook rcas before unhooking grounds

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived