Sundown Audio

Anyone here ever used the NVX MVPA4 Micro amp? Any good?

omnibus

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seem like everyone coming out with small amps now. Only experience i have w/ amps that size is the RF PBR300x4. Birthsheet was 84 watts rms. Installed it in my brothers single cab Ranger running 4 P6x8's and it sounded and performed really well. Still no issues 3+ years later. I think i picked it up for $168 off amazon.

29 minutes ago, Cboeger2 said:

New amps are ridiculous. I was running a way old RF punch p4004 amp. Now I’m running an rf prime r4004 and it does twice the power and is 1/3 the size literally! 

I know... I went all RF power series for there small foot print and high output. Shits just going to get smaller and smaller.

Well the NVX micro amps are kind of shockingly small and I think they came out back in 2015. Sonicelectronics verified on the SMD Dyno that the certified result is 141 watts p/ch at 14.5 volts on 2 ohm load and the size is like 5"x4"x1". Then their mono block of the same size does 476W @ 14.74v on 2ohms....that's a lot of power for something so tiny. I mean it's smaller than nearly all the other amps which is why I was concerned for how it'll sound. Plus I've never heard of NVX

I'd like to understand how this is possible to shrink a class d power supply. Even most mono amps made today that put out only 400 watts @ 2 ohm or less are a lot larger than this so I am curious of the magic involved. Considering this amp has been on the market for a while, I haven't been able to find a whole lot on it in regards to sound quality

But look at these guts!...There has to be some compromises made right? All I see is a transformer and some caps...wheres the clean sounding 476 watts?  

maxresdefault.jpg

16 hours ago, omnibus said:

Well the NVX micro amps are kind of shockingly small and I think they came out back in 2015. Sonicelectronics verified on the SMD Dyno that the certified result is 141 watts p/ch at 14.5 volts on 2 ohm load and the size is like 5"x4"x1". Then their mono block of the same size does 476W @ 14.74v on 2ohms....that's a lot of power for something so tiny. I mean it's smaller than nearly all the other amps which is why I was concerned for how it'll sound. Plus I've never heard of NVX

I'd like to understand how this is possible to shrink a class d power supply. Even most mono amps made today that put out only 400 watts @ 2 ohm or less are a lot larger than this so I am curious of the magic involved. Considering this amp has been on the market for a while, I haven't been able to find a whole lot on it in regards to sound quality

But look at these guts!...There has to be some compromises made right? All I see is a transformer and some caps...wheres the clean sounding 476 watts?  

maxresdefault.jpg

High voltage transformers (center, near the terminals) and 35V rail caps (implying a relatively high voltage to the output of the speakers). 

Not sure where this nvx is made, but high voltage guts is one of many things the brazilians are doing to increase power in a small footprint. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I've been looking into these mini amps too. 

NVX was on my list but I haven't heard any real feedback on them so I literally just pulled the trigger on one of the Skar mini amps. The skar was about $50 cheaper, if it does 75x4 @ 4ohms(rated at 100x4 @ 4 ohms at 14.4) I will be satisfied with that lol. I don't think I could've found a better deal either, this skar was $128 brand new. Seems almost too good to be true, lol I hope not as Skar seems to be pretty decent from what I've read. 

21 minutes ago, Rockbrook said:

I've been looking into these mini amps too. 

NVX was on my list but I haven't heard any real feedback on them so I literally just pulled the trigger on one of the Skar mini amps. The skar was about $50 cheaper, if it does 75x4 @ 4ohms(rated at 100x4 @ 4 ohms at 14.4) I will be satisfied with that lol. I don't think I could've found a better deal either, this skar was $128 brand new. Seems almost too good to be true, lol I hope not as Skar seems to be pretty decent from what I've read. 

post a review after installed.

Archived