Second Skin Audio

aeroport diam question

currently running a skar zv15v2 d1 on a cab1600. second zvx is on its way in the mail with some 8awg. just picked up 4 sheets of 1" birch today. throwing together a 8cft box on sunday for my yukon and trying to figure out which BigAssPort size to order. planning on getting the "VersaTune Kit" to play around with the length/tuning. But trying to figure out what u guys think the best suggestion diameter would be to go with. plan on doing 2 ports, so with some playing around in winisd, shooting for 33hz it seemed like either two 8" ports (@20.17" long) or two 6"(10.25" long) ports is what im looking for? no idea tho, i could be way off, im still fairly new to this. trying to tune around 33hz but do want to play around with lengths and go as high as 40hz if possible. if anyone could give any input on this it would be GREATLY appreciated, as i would love to order the ports as soon as i can get an idea on which would be best applicable

Two 8in aeros would each give you about 50.25 sq inch of port area, totaling about 100.5sqin. Two 6s would total about 56.5sqin of port area, and three 6s would total 84.8sqin. Using Triticum’s improved port area calculator i inputed 8cubes-1600w-33hz, it recomended an optimal port area of 94sqin and minimum of 63 sqin when using an aero style port. Also just to add, i think when using multiple aeros you dont divide up the length needed for tuning, they all have to be the full tuning length. Im clueless about this stuff but since no one replied yet i figure i through some info out there that ive heard around here for you. If you havent yet checked out that port calculator search for it here on the forum “triticum’s improved port area calculator”. 

Since you were in WinISD you should have looked at the port velocity tab it would tell you which way to go. I would go with the 2 8" ports. If it says the port length is 20" long that would be for each port.

Archived