KnuKoncepts or welding wire for big 3?

I'm gonna be doing the big 3 in about a week or so and wanted to know would it be better for me to just order 0/2 welding cable or go with KnuKoncepts 0awg.  I have an Orion xtr1500.1dz and a jl audio j320.1. birth sheet for the Orion says 1732w at 1ohm.  

depends on your budget really.  They're going to be basically the same size and flow nearly the same amperage.  do you want to pay for the name or just have the performance?  I love me some Knu stuff, but when it comes down to it, i like my money more

I don't care about brands as long as it's good, I know typical welding wire is around $2.30 a foot and knu has 3 different wire types all with different costs, bassik is .89/ft, kca is $1.65/ft, and the Kolossus is $3.50/ft. Would using the bassik give the same results?

no.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I prefer welding cable as the jacket is more resistant to abrasion than audio wire.

I just prefer rubber more than vinyl, welding cable is meant to be dragged across the ground and take a ton of abuse.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Copper is copper. One has tinning, the other has a tough jacket. Pick your poison. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Either will work just fine. I prefer knu wire because its easier to bend and manuever than most welding cable ive seen. Plus i just like the look of knus wire. Tried it once and now its all i buy.

If you go with Knu, stick to the Kolossus Fleks Kable. The bassik and kca series are both cca (copper clad aluminum), not pure copper. Cca “will”work alright, just depends on the type of power ur trying to deal with. If ur power demands require atleast 1/0  of OFC then with CCA your requirements for the same power demand would be maybe 2 runs of 1/0 cca. Dont quote me on that but thats the basic idea. The current carrying capabilites are much lower with CCA when comparing equal size and length cables( 1/0 vs 1/0 )

Archived