Second Skin Audio

need advice fast!

ehall8702

EBay has the xfl  for 160, evl is around 200. Im way up in the UP (upper Michigan) so basically there is nothing but maybe a best buy anywhere close lol. May be looking into the xfl, agin no background with American bass. Honestly sounds lke a name that coicidedes with Pyle,boss, and pyramid so never even bothered to look at them. We are a bit isolated up here, ive got probably one of the loudest vehicles in my area ( have done a few for ppl with more subs, but no one has the mid nd high volume or clarity I have). Did alot of entry level stuff in Florida over 10 years ago so been out of touch with new products and companies.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

nah the name youre thinking is american pro bass machine from back in the day (which i also ran back in the days of my first systems).  american bass is damn fine stuff.  i currently have two xfl 1244s on about 1800 rms and holy hell they get down, and are accurate enough that i cant tell when they arent.  the XFL would absolutely be my first choice given your other options.

skar evl (used) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKAR-AUDIO-EVL-12-D2-1250W-RMS-POWER-DUAL-2-OHM-COMPETITION-CAR-SUBWOOFER/222895774373?hash=item33e59f9aa5:g:XkgAAOSwyytatU7A

t5 (new) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soundstream-T5-124-Tarantula-T5-2000-Watt-12-Dual-4-Ohm-Car-Audio-Subwoofer-Sub/152895903128?epid=2142147818&hash=item23994e5598:g:PYQAAOSw~o5aeRRc

23 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

Thanks for the advice, ill look into the t5s and possibly the skar...never messed with skar stuff so really didnt trust a brand I knew nothing about 

Yea Skar should not be trusted.

Just now, mathewyocham said:

Neither should your opinion.

I know your a Skar nuthugger and thats fine but its not my opinion. Its a fact that he has ripped people off and lied.

You dog on a product because of a personal beef with the owner or with others in the company. Who gives a fuck about a few bad employees. Every business has them. Skar products arent horrible. Their equipment is used in plenty of builds with great results and performance. Their amps throw up great numbers on the dino and their price is good. You get on almost every post they are mentioned on with this bs. Give a real reason y the product sux not just your bs opinion about the owner. Also u should be banned by now. Bashing on products like that isnt allowed. Also there is a thread specificly stating no skar bashing. If u wanna cry about them stealing designs or watever u should dog on american bass and soundqubed too and every other company who builds off the shelf woofers and cookie cutter amps.

2 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

You dog on a product because of a personal beef with the owner or with others in the company. Who gives a fuck about a few bad employees. Every business has them.

Do you know me?? You have no idea my experiences with the company so pipe down. Anyone considering buying from them or any company should do some research to see what they are getting into. Maybe their gear is decent but why would you want to support a company/owner like that?? Might want to check your morals or maybe you have a vested interest.

If there is a thread that says do not bash Skar that is pretty sad that a forum has to be limited like that to not hurt peoples feelings.  If the moderators seem fit to ban me oh well.

And people should know if a company and or owner has been dishonest or even more I got no problem with companies that make cookie cutter gear its pretty much the norm for a lot of companies, but things that Kevin has done is beyond that.

No i dont know u but the pm u sent me boohooing about how skar rips people off made me laugh. Do buisness with whoever u want but dont dog on the equipment over it. You keep crying saying its fact and blah blah blah but no evidence to support anything. Idk kevin and dont care. All i know is the prices are great for the quality and performance. If kmart or walmart or the nearest big name store near you had an issue with the ceo being charged with fraud or embezzlement would u stop shopping there? I doubt it. So that points to you being butthurt over a personal experience. If thats not the case then maybe your huggn someones nuts and they dont like the brand. Who knows? All u do is cry and dont post anything as to y u feel that way other than you dont like kevin.

American Bass makes some nice shit

I don't think you can go wrong with Skar's equipment. I heard a pair of their 12's(Don't remember the model) when they first came out paired with one of their 1500 watt amps and it sounded pretty nice. 

If you care about what the owner did in the past then don't shop with em *Shrugs* 

I'm all for supporting a good business man, I don't fancy shady businesses at all, but hell Skar has some really good pricing and I could not pass up the price on one of their mini amps. I ordered on Friday and it's in my mailbox right now, can't wait to go home and see if I made a good or bad decision! LOL.

Archived