Sundown Audio

HELP - Amp goes into Protect only on heavy bass notes.

BONES

hey guys, kinda new/getting back into car audio. So problem I'm having is when some heavy bass songs play the amp goes into protect until I turn off the HU an turn it back on. I have a Pioneer 2330NEX, Alpine 1200.1, an 2 12'' 5th gen Type R's. I have them wired to 2ohms. I don't have a DD1 yet I'm waiting for them to get back in stock, so I had to use the DMM method. I used a -3db 40hz test tone. I set my max volume to 32 out of 40 on the HU but it goes into protect around 26. LPF on HU and amp are set to 60. Everything is only a month old too, If I left any info out just ask thanks.

Low voltage?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

OK when you said "2 12'' 5th gen Type R's. I have them wired to 2ohms" is that per sub or on the amp?

And what is the gain set at on the amp?  Hopefully nothing over 1/2 usually something like that needs to be like just a lil over 1/4th gain for that kinda amp.

And what kinda electrical do you have powering this, because you might be drawing more then the alt can put out causing this as well.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Everything is wired to 2ohms in series. I have a stock factory voltage display on my car but I don't know how fast the refresh rate is Cuz it doesn't change very fast. An the gain is set to half on the amp which is what ohms law with a DMM at -3db 40hz. I think it's a low voltage drop IMO. I have a stock 125amp alt and a shitty old cheap battery. My next purchase is either a 270amp alt or XS power battery under the hood.

Already did big 3, I think I'll just turn the gain down a little till I get a new battery an then turn it back up an see if it still happens. Another question I bought a digital display volt meter, do I just put the wires in the power and ground on the amp?

Archived