Second Skin Audio

MTX Subs, anyone use?

I tripped over MTX yesterday. THB I thought they were one of those companies that had fallen b y the way side. When I did a bit of searching, I found many/most of the info was on the older subs 9500 in particular. Just wondered if anyone has the newest series, 75 or 95 and how does it compare to the older subs .... and comment on what's happening with MTX. They seem to be very quite nowadays. Thanks

MTX got smoked by Circuit City pretty bad when they went under. MTX hasn't been able to make any sort of bounce back. They are exclusive to boutique shops. From everything I've seen, they haven't really lost step with quality.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Hell yes. First real drivers i ever used. 2 12" road thunder 2s on a sentrek amp. This was 25 or so years ago. :) when i was 15,.. 

Moved up to 2 mtx terminators 15s in my extended cab chev on a clarion amp. Shit pounded,.. for me, abd for then :)

18 hours ago, fasfocus00 said:

MTX got smoked by Circuit City pretty bad when they went under. MTX hasn't been able to make any sort of bounce back. They are exclusive to boutique shops. From everything I've seen, they haven't really lost step with quality.

Thanks for the info

They look pretty solid, well made and the designs look well thought through. I can't believe they fell out of favour that fast. Its just a shame when you see good brands and good products go down the drain. They seem to be hanging in by a thread.

Archived