When you realize you were underpowering your subs

My dad's old system (now mine) was thrown together after he quit dB Drag through trading his comp equipment for a box and some daily driver subs. After a couple years of fun with that, he put it on blocks and it sat for 7 years until I convinced him to let me have it. Been bumping on it for a few months and finally decided to upgrade the system here and there, and I made it to amps. Don't get me wrong, it bumps way harder than any of my friend's stuff, especially since we're all still teenagers, but I decided I wanted more than just 1k on each. We google the spec sheet, and low and behold, the subs are rated for 2500RMS, not the 1500 we thought! Been running these TREO SSX 15.22's on less than half what they're rated for! I'm in for some fun ?

When I could clip them to hell and not stink

So, for probably the 5th time, ... ive asked, who is your dad, what vehicle, and, what division did you/he run? Ive been in db drag for a spell, and know history. Id love to know, what rig this is. Again......asking...

9 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

So, for probably the 5th time, ... ive asked, who is your dad, what vehicle, and, what division did you/he run? Ive been in db drag for a spell, and know history. Id love to know, what rig this is. Again......asking...

I only recall being asked this once and I could have sworn I answered, but his name is Eric Laughlin and I believe he ran with this '91 Isuzu pickup the two or three years he did it. Division was the 3-4 Super Street, I think. This isn't what he originally had for competitions, I believe he had one setup that was 4 concept 12's but I don't remember exactly. Don't recall any other system setups he had, but I'll ask when I get a chance.

Archived