Pressing brake to push the caliper back in to be in the right position?

I've just got done changing the rotor + brakes my front passenger side. I"m at the part where I need to press on my brakes three times to release it but I'm having problems.

I went and pressed down on my brake once but it won't go back up so I can press it two more times. What is going on? Do I need to close my brake cap under the hood when doing this part?

I'm trying to do this part:

Something doesn't look right.

The brake fluid is almost about to poor out of the reservoir cap opening. How do I get it to go back down before I start replacing my pads on the driver side? The fluid is above max right now.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

2 minutes ago, Skullz said:

Use a turkey baster to suck some fluid out.

Is it normal for the fluid to go up that high after just doing a pad change for one side of the car though?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

When your done with the brake job pump the pedal until u have good brake pressure , then check the level. In the real world u should never have to add fluid unless it leaks or you flush the system, as the pads wear the fluid level drops and when the pads are low enough it turns the brake  dash light on meaning you need brakes, but when people start seeing the level get a little low they add fluid which messes up the hole idea .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

That fluid looks pretty dark. It would have been a good time to have flushed the system. Super simple to do by yourself. Lots of good videos on youtube. And turkey baster is the easiest way to get extra fluid out.

Posted this link in your other thread, it really works amazingly well when bleeding and flushing a brake system.

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MVA6851-Fluid-Extractor/dp/B00MPQ8RBG/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SF2JZPGNWMYJJYT596XV

Like BC said, the fluid is discolored and holding water in it and really needs to be flushed, the fluid evacuator is perfect for pulling fluid from the reservoir and brake lines, along with pulling the new fresh fluid back down to the calipers.

Replacing your old fluid with fresh fluid is a night and day difference in the feel of your brake pedal and will remove any sponginess it has felt like.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

That video was not me. I will be posting my video later tonight after I collage it together. My brake fluid still looked green I think. I've just finished doing the front rotors and brakes and I'll do the rear tomorrow. My plan was to do all of the brake and rotors for front and rear and then after 1,000 miles I'll go back and flush the brake lines.

So when I went inside of the car to press on the brakes to release the caliper pistons, I had my camera recording the reservoir area. Is this normal? I didn't put any air into the system did i?

Also, how's the color? It's decent green right?

brake-fluid-pump.jpg

Archived