do i need to upgrade my electrical

ok. thanks for the info. ive looked into it more and im going to have to upgrade my alt and eventually get a extra battery. can the battery be under the hood or is it best for it to be as close to the amp as possible. will be using 0/1 ofc for all runs

9 minutes ago, guero187 said:

ok. thanks for the info. ive looked into it more and im going to have to upgrade my alt and eventually get a extra battery. can the battery be under the hood or is it best for it to be as close to the amp as possible. will be using 0/1 ofc for all runs

Under the hood if you have room is fine other wise near the amps. Takes a ton of research to get a good build plan together. I would suggest looking at what other people have done with similar year make & model of vehicle for ideas.

Good luck and when you get started make a build log on here for others to follow and learn. Plus it's cool to see what others do in there builds, they are learning tools on here. 

25 minutes ago, guero187 said:

yea honestly i didn't know it was going to be this much work (and money) when i got into this project but now im invested i want to do it right

Ya you got a power hungry sub and a mid size amp to run it. It takes power to make power and shit can get spendy in a hurry. Electrical, sound deadening, equipment, ect. You can be a few thousand into it in no time. I have  a $3000 POS of a car with $5000 of equipment and hundreds of hours of work in 5 years but its my hobby. The easiest way to cut cost is to learn how to do everything yourself. It's not as hard as you think and tons of videos and info to walk you thru it. Plus it's a nice learning curve, i trust next to know one to work on my shit. Car is modded to hell. Engine, suspension, and the audio system. In 5 years i recently had the windows tinted and a alignment just this week, other than that hands off to everyone else. I have found that people don't care about there professions and when they make a mistake never own up to and the owner pays the price.

On top on my system the wife has a pretty damn nice system in her Malibu that i have built. She hated the process but learned to love the results. Built a system for my daughter, my other brother, daughter in law and the son is buy up goodies this summer for his 94 ext. cab GMC. I just love the hobby and results. I am pushing 50 and don't see myself ever getting out of it.

Hook it up. Wire to 1ohm as you should and just watch that voltage.

Tune conservatively. With that amp you can really some current so have the gain low until you can give that amp what it really needs.

I have a d3400 up front. Its a great battery. 

Your second or third battery should be a group 31 or similar depending on how much room you have to work with in that second location. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Archived