Hey everyone,

I attached a picture of a similar dash to a buddys car I am helping with. The main idea is to turn the empty cubby in the dash to some type of panel so we can mount a few needed switches as well as a volt meter and bass knob. I have only has a little bit of experience with fiberglass. Any suggestions to get started? My only ideas consist of bracket with a plastic panel over the top of the cubby but it would not sit flush and we are trying to make it look half way decent.

Honda Pilot 2007 EXL w Kenwood Headunit - After.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest finding a used one at a junk yard or buying a new one to work with. Can't be very expensive to get one. In the mean time trace out the existing one and make a template so you know what kind of space you have to work with and then space items on the template to see what you like.

Fiber glassing isn't real tough, mainly messy. Its the finish and fitment that is the challenging part. Google images of your make and model and see what others have done. Youtube vids too help understand what goes into the process. Don't get in rush to complete it. Good work takes times.

Take the cubby out, cut roughly 1/4 inch off the face depth. Take a piece of 1/4 inch plastic, cut to the same shape as the face and attach it with epoxy. Now you have a blank panel to work from

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

measure that opening, i'm pretty sure it's a DIN size. there are plenty of DIN panels that you could easily modify to fit some SMD or Autometer gauge.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived