Rubber sticks out from Caliper Piston when compressed...

First of all, the rear yellow brakes from EBC didn't come with any brackets; it only came with a 3M sticky side tape thing for the back.

Now... I'm trying to use the stock metal back brackets but I can't get the caliper to close all the way down because the damn rubber from the piston sticks out...

Am I compressing it wrong with my C-Clamp?

If I can't fix this rubber issue, is it ok to run the yellow brakes without any back brackets?

piston-rubber-1.jpg

piston-rubber-2.jpg

piston-rubber-3.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

how do i fold it? If you look closely on the right side it doesn't have that nice round layer ring. I"ve tried to do it again and it keeps puffing out.

piston-out-1.jpg

piston-out-3.jpg

piston-out-2.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

You have to compress the piston evenly to get the boot to slide back in uniformly. No offense, I am all about learning and tackling stuff, but you seem to be having an abundance of issues with this. Isn’t there someone you can have assist you so as to help with troubleshooting? 

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

With the new rotor and pads installed try and compress the caliper to the point it folds evenly enough to install it on the car, sometimes you do not need to completely collapse the piston back in.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I agree with statement that you are having a lot of issue's with this rotor & pad replacement.

How did you compress the piston? I bought a $20 kit off amazon for multiply sized calipers and pistons. Another great buy to do the job right. I used to use channel lock pliers and found i had issues that way so i bought the right tool. Others use the old pad and a C-clamp. Many way to do right, but there are ways to cause issues.

I have found cleaning the boot and caliper really good can help eliminate problems. 

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

I agree with statement that you are having a lot of issue's with this rotor & pad replacement.

How did you compress the piston? I bought a $20 kit off amazon for multiply sized calipers and pistons. Another great buy to do the job right. I used to use channel lock pliers and found i had issues that way so i bought the right tool. Others use the old pad and a C-clamp. Many way to do right, but there are ways to cause issues.

I have found cleaning the boot and caliper really good can help eliminate problems. 

I was using the back of my old Brake Pad and C-Clamped the piston in. I noticed later that the old brakes were tapered which might have caused issue compressing the piston.

Archived